Springfield Waypoint 2020 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very preliminary review as I just received the rifle today and conditions at the range were not ideal.

The rifle arrived in a lightly padded zip up Springfield case and was double boxed.

The rifle comes with a 20 moa rail that is pinned. I am not a fan of rails so I removed it and added Talley Lightweight 20 moa base/rings.

I mounted a Huskemaw 5-20x50 and headed to the range.

It took 2 rounds to get it where I wanted so I let it cool down and shot a 3 shot group with factory ammo and two hand loads.

Here are the loads I shot with groups.

Hornady Factory 140 ELDM- 0.850”

Hand load 1 with Vihtavuori and 140 Berger Elite Hunter- 0.54”

Hand load 2 with Vihtavuori and 140 Berger Elite Hunter - 0.52”

The wind was blowing 14 SSE.

I think with a good cleaning, better conditions, lighten the trigger and a little load work it should get in the 0.3s

At worst is as close to custom as you will ever get without going custom and it’s right at $2,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the “review” I have been wondering how these would be. Looks like a very nice rifle . What caliber is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Cox1 View Post
      Thanks for the “review” I have been wondering how these would be. Looks like a very nice rifle . What caliber is this?

6.5 Creedmoor

The fit and finish and the rifle are very good.

Two things I do not like, one is they cerakoted the inside of the action. The bolt still slides smooth but the cerakote make it feel a little sticky. I’m sure with time that will wear down.

Second the muzzle break is removable but the thread protector is the diameter of the stainless barrel inside. It is not the same diameter as the carbon wrap to give it a seamless look.

Comment

I’d like to have one in .308 for my CGS suppressor I have on order.

Comment

Thanks for the review!! 8/7oz is LIGHT for a scoped, DBM w/ mag rifle--

Questions:
          1. Who is making their barrel?
          2. What is OAL of the action- 2.85, 2.99, or even out to an 'XM' like 3.2?

Comment

following

Comment

Slick looking rifle!

Comment

Do you own a shop or did you buy it online? I haven’t seen them avaible anywhere online yet and they haven’t been in any store.

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-30-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post

Questions:
                  Springfield is making the barrel and action they say and AG Composites makes the stock.

I haven't measured the action length but I am seating these Bergers at 2.860

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Do you own a shop or did you buy it online? I haven’t seen them avaible anywhere online yet and they haven’t been in any store.

I bought it off Gunbroker from Barrels and Arrows out of Minnesota

Comment

I cleaned the gun this morning, adjusted the trigger to 2 1/2 lbs and took it back out the range to try the same setup but with Reloader 26.

The best group out of 5 loads I could get was 0.78" with 46.5 grains. The groups opened up the 1.5" and 2.3" as the powder charge went up.

I will start playing with seating depth and see what happens.

Comment

Been looking for one in .308, seem to be hard to come by right now. Sweet set up.

Comment

This is the first real world review I’ve found that wasn’t from a big name. I looked at these hard but availability and lack of info drove me to a Christensen recently. Good looking rifle though.

Comment

Does it come in a left handed model? I can't find if they do or don't!

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
                            This is the first real world review I’ve found that wasn’t from a big name. I looked at these hard but availability and lack of info drove me to a Christensen recently. Good looking rifle though.

I agree. It sent me to a full custom! I really wanted to try one out though

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post

Questions:

BSF is making the barrels.

Comment

Working...
                              X