No announcement yet.

FORD 6.7 DIESEL PSA - Intercooler pipe failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the dealer now. Just traded my 2014 with 296,000 miles with the original. I rolled dirty on borrowed time long enough. :-)

Comment

Mine went out today, 2015 with 88k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
        If it’s not deleted be prepared to replace the DEF heater soon!

Already done it once. PITA but not hard. Used a motorcycle jack for the tank

Comment

Bringing back an old thread because I got screwed this weekend! 2018 6.7 with 50k miles. Was hauling a flat bed with three four wheelers and a pallet of corn to Coleman when I went into reduced power mode. Sure enough my cold side pipe was cracked! And now they’re on a National back order so I get to spend way more money than i should to get back on the road. Luckily a roll of gorilla tape got me home!!

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
            Dam it son. Look at Maryland Performance Diesel. They have one that is a factory replacement that doesn’t require tuning. I’ve got one on my truck and love it.

Did it myself. Took less than an hour.

Sierracharlie out…
            How is the replacement holding up....any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
              How is the replacement holding up....any issues?

Absolutely zero issues! Love it

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Absolutely zero issues! Love it

Sierracharlie out…
                Trying to install this weekend. Did you use the bolt on coupler they provided? If so, no issues with removing the factory part that has a flapper in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
                  Trying to install this weekend. Did you use the bolt on coupler they provided? If so, no issues with removing the factory part that has a flapper in it?

Sent you a pm

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Are the 2019’s & up immune to this failure?

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                      Are the 2019’s & up immune to this failure?
                      Exact same as the 2018. Just buy a spare and be prepared.

Comment

Tagged

Just ordered one from MPD. My 2014 king ranch doesn’t get driven a lot any more but I plan to keep it a long time so I am going to go ahead and swap this out to avoid the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by RJK70; 03-28-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Exact same as the 2018. Just buy a spare and be prepared.

Interesting, I was under the impression they fixed this when they went to the new body style.
                          I’ll have to sniff around and look for reported failures post 2017 year models.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            Interesting, I was under the impression they fixed this when they went to the new body style.
                            I’ll have to sniff around and look for reported failures post 2017 year models.

I have “heard” that Ford claims the issues was fixed as they used different type of parts but that’s just hearsay and we know that doesn’t mean anything coming from Ford. My dads blew on his 2016 during a hunting trip with relatively low miles for its age.

Sierracharlie out....
                            Last edited by sierracharlie338; 03-28-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

As it turns out I ended up with the Maryland Performance version that requires a tune and despite trying to make it work....it was a no go. Looks like I will be searching for a different one. So, if you are in the market and wanting a deal on one that has never been used, but pipe has some scratches as result of my efforts to install, then I have a great "scratched" sale price for you....$100 (original price $279 on Maryland Performance website).

Last edited by Alphabets; 03-29-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X