6mm ARC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
    I didn’t read through all the posts so if it was mentioned already I’m sorry.

I have a Grendel and if the 6ARC has the same feed issues since it’s from the same case, I see no reason to add that and inherit those issues again.

What feed issues? I’ve never had a feed issue with my Grendel. Are you using Grendel mags?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      What feed issues? I’ve never had a feed issue with my Grendel. Are you using Grendel mags?

Sierracharlie out…
      I’ve seen plenty of feed issues. They’ve all been fixed by a simple mag swap though. Elander seem to be the most reliable. Can’t say that I’d led a issue as simple as that stop me.

Comment

6mm ARC?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I’ve seen plenty of feed issues. They’ve all been fixed by a simple mag swap though. Elander seem to be the most reliable. Can’t say that I’d led a issue as simple as that stop me.

Those are the only mags I’ve run that might be why haha

I’m also not running it like a defensive carbine.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Sierracharlie out…

Sierracharlie out…
          I had a couple 17rd elanders. They consistently wouldn’t feed the right side. Every other shot was an over run and dented case on the extension teeth. Did a few minor “tweaks” on the lips and got tired of wasting bullets. Swapped over to a couple 10 round CPD duramags and haven’t had an issue since. Got some of the Amend2 polymer mags and waiting to try them out. Had a pretty good bit of frustration in the beginning with it. I’ve heard plenty of stories from your side and plenty of them from my side. I pretty much refused to spend $250 in ammo to break in the springs and tweak lips on something that should work from day one. That was pretty much the main recommendation folks gave me. All good now

Comment

Sierracharlie out…
            This was with a 12” and 16” barrel both carbine gas. The 12” went away early and sticking with the 16”.

Comment

Oh man. I like my crgs thick and my bullets small ❤️

Comment

I've been shooting a 6x45 for a while. It does well with 75gr V-max.
                Just bought a 6 ARC barrel. 20" 1-8 twist.
                Now to find a BCG and Brass

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                  I've been shooting a 6x45 for a while. It does well with 75gr V-max.
                  Just bought a 6 ARC barrel. 20" 1-8 twist.
                  Now to find a BCG and Brass

Aim surplus has the 6.5 type 2. I believe they are the same as the 6arc but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been interested in it for awhile as a kid’s hunting round, it seems ideal IMO. A 100 gr bullet at 2,500 fps is what I’ve been looking for.

I bought some Duramag 10 round magazines, a stripped upper, dies for both 6mm ARC as well as 6.5 Grendel, and 800 6mm projectiles.

Waiting to “pull the trigger” on a barrel and BCG until I see more brass available. So far I’ve picked up 3 boxes of 6.5 Grendel ammo. I may have to go full USSR style and pull the bullets to shoot in my 6.5 Creedmoor, then resize the brass to 6mm ARC.

Other option is to just build a 6.5 Grendel AR and then run the 6mm ARC or something else in a bolt gun.

Hoping this Covid/Biden situation isn’t a death blow to this cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                      I’ve been interested in it for awhile as a kid’s hunting round, it seems ideal IMO. A 100 gr bullet at 2,500 fps is what I’ve been looking for.

I bought some Duramag 10 round magazines, a stripped upper, dies for both 6mm ARC as well as 6.5 Grendel, and 800 6mm projectiles.

Waiting to “pull the trigger” on a barrel and BCG until I see more brass available. So far I’ve picked up 3 boxes of 6.5 Grendel ammo. I may have to go full USSR style and pull the bullets to shoot in my 6.5 Creedmoor, then resize the brass to 6mm ARC.

Other option is to just build a 6.5 Grendel AR and then run the 6mm ARC or something else in a bolt gun.

Hoping this Covid/Biden situation isn’t a death blow to this cartridge.
                      I’ve bought 600+ rounds of Hornady ARC ammo the last few months, and passed up another 60 today. I’ve passed up a few hundred easily so far. It’s easier than most other calibers since not many people jumped off on it when the shortages started.

Comment

I’ve bought 600+ rounds of Hornady ARC ammo the last few months, and passed up another 60 today. I’ve passed up a few hundred easily so far. It’s easier than most other calibers since not many people jumped off on it when the shortages started.

Where are you seeing this stuff. I don’t think Ive seen that in person since it came out!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Only thing that is on the shelves here is 28ga shells. Everything else is just luck to find

Comment

Where are you seeing this stuff. I don’t think Ive seen that in person since it came out!

Sierracharlie out....
                            Bought the majority of it at Gebos. Bought quite a bit at Ally Outdoors in Midland and passed up a bit at Lone Star in Lubbock. A couple buddies have bought a few cases from Lone Star as well.

Been paying $22.99 anytime it’s in stock at Gebos, and $27-28 at Ally or Lonestar.

Comment

Working...
                            X