Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a trade thread for reloading components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this video testing Small Pistol, Small Pistol Magnum and Small Rifle primers.
    Thought I would share.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just found some 22-250 brass. 60 pieces all once fired 40 remington and 20 hornady. Free in beaumont area.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got four boxes of 6.5mm Berger 156gr EOL's and need some powder. I'm looking for:
        H1000
        Retumbo
        CFE223
        H110

Comment

Who needs cast bullets...and has powder to trade in north or northeast Texas???
          Got a buddy (Texan) in Kansas that has been casting bullets since at least the early 70s. He has a wide variety of calibers, weights, styles, and diameters....356, .358, .359, .360, .378, .379, .380, .402, .429, .452, .45, etc.

He needs powder and primers... H1000, H4350, IMR4064, RL 15, and large rifle primers.
          He is going to be coming down to the Crockett area from Topeka on Tuesday (9 FEB) and can bring down bullets to trade for powder.

If you are somewhere close to the route and can make a trade, let me know and I can get the connect you with him. If you are close to Crockett that is even better because we will be there for several days attempting to thin the hogs.
          Last edited by El Paisano; 02-06-2021, 02:37 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
            I found this video testing Small Pistol, Small Pistol Magnum and Small Rifle primers.
            Thought I would share.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            According to Speer/CCI Technical Services - "Both the CCI 550 Small Pistol Magnum and CCI 400 Small Rifle primers are identical in size. Both primers use the same cup metal and share the same cup thickness. Both primers use the same primer compound formula and same amount of primer compound.

I been using SPM to load small primer rifle cases or vice versa for a good 40 years now and never could tell the difference. Thanks for the Video proof.
            Same thing with large primer sizes. I try to use what is stated on the box but if I run out I use whatever I have. Never noticed excessive cratering or pressures either way.
            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 02-06-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
              Anybody need any 25-45 brass? I'll trade for 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, 223, 380 or 270.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

What brand is it? I may have some Grendel and can pull some 223 if you don’t care about head stamp (range brass).

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                What brand is it? I may have some Grendel and can pull some 223 if you don’t care about head stamp (range brass).

Sierracharlie out....
                It is mixed and looks to be converted 223 brass. Made a trade with a guy off another forum that said these were 223/556 brass. When I mentioned what I received he said just run them through the 223 sizer die. So, I'm not even gonna go there and he is now on my black list. Lol. It is only 65 pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                  I've got four boxes of 6.5mm Berger 156gr EOL's and need some powder. I'm looking for:
                  H1000
                  Retumbo
                  CFE223
                  H110
                  If your willing to sale out right I’ll probably take them

Comment

It is mixed and looks to be converted 223 brass. Made a trade with a guy off another forum that said these were 223/556 brass. When I mentioned what I received he said just run them through the 223 sizer die. So, I'm not even gonna go there and he is now on my black list. Lol. It is only 65 pieces.

Got ya. Let me see what I have.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Got ya. Let me see what I have.

Sierracharlie out....
                      Appreciate it. I'm easy to deal with. Thanks

Comment

Appreciate it. I'm easy to deal with. Thanks

No worries Tim you’ve helped me out before. I am unloading my reloading stuff after having it in storage. Should have it all out in the next day or so.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

No worries Tim you’ve helped me out before. I am unloading my reloading stuff after having it in storage. Should have it all out in the next day or so.

Sierracharlie out....
                          No hurry. Thanks

Comment

I have a spare box (100 count) of Berger 7mm 180gr VLD Hunting projectiles, P/N 28502. I really need a set of 30-06 dies as the set I've been using was borrowed. Could also use H4350, H4831sc, IMR4350, or RL22 (but I need the dies more). Midway is OOS on the bullets, last price showing was about $69.

Stu

Comment

I've got a set of RCBS .30-06 dies I would sell but it also has a small base sizing die that would have to go with it. I'll take $50 for them. If you need a shell holder, I got that too.

Comment

Originally posted by scissorhands View Post
                                500 will get me started for this competition season
                                that's more than enough

Comment

Working...
                                X