Abbot's Executive Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
    You are absolutely wrong. I’m seeing it first hand...a week ago we had roughly 55k cases and 800 deaths...today we are at 188k cases and almost 4K deaths...this is causing Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in approximately 5% of cases...super basic explanation, your lungs fill with fluid to the point you can’t breath, the put in a tube and ventilate you, 50%+ mortality on the vent. If we hit a million cases, which I feel we will quite easily, with our current projection, we are looking at 13-18k deaths. If we hit 10 million, well you can see my point. This IS NOT THE FLU! Take it seriously and be smart.
    This. And add to that only a small portion of the cases are e en confirmed. Folks die and its never confirmed too. This is not the flu. The cdc numbers mean very little.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
      Looks like construction is considered essential or am I missing something?

Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, builders, contractors, HVAC Technicians, landscapers, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, businesses and buildings such as hospitals, senior living facilities, any temporary construction required to support COVID-19 response.

At least Travis county has decided that new home and commercial construction does not fall under this category. They required inspections to stop effective yesterday on all new home construction. I inspect for Pflugerville and we were told to hold all inspections.

Comment

You are absolutely wrong. I’m seeing it first hand...a week ago we had roughly 55k cases and 800 deaths...today we are at 188k cases and almost 4K deaths...this is causing Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in approximately 5% of cases...super basic explanation, your lungs fill with fluid to the point you can’t breath, the put in a tube and ventilate you, 50%+ mortality on the vent. If we hit a million cases, which I feel we will quite easily, with our current projection, we are looking at 13-18k deaths. If we hit 10 million, well you can see my point. This IS NOT THE FLU! Take it seriously and be smart.
        I took those numbers direct from Abbott s post.

I am saying, something ain't matching. You say you are seeing extremely different numbers, but reports are not matching.

I believe wisdom is much needed. Sick folks need to be shut in until cleared. Not so sure where the contact is happening to spread the virus.

I was in health care for 20 years so I am not ignorant to virus and disease. I took care of one of the first HIV patients in the Dallas area many many years ago. We knew next to nothing about HIV/AIDS at that time.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
          I took those numbers direct from Abbott s post.

I am saying, something ain't matching. You say you are seeing extremely different numbers, but reports are not matching.

I believe wisdom is much needed. Sick folks need to be shut in until cleared. Not so sure where the contact is happening to spread the virus.

I was in health care for 20 years so I am not ignorant to virus and disease. I took care of one of the first HIV patients in the Dallas area many many years ago. We knew next to nothing about HIV/AIDS at that time.

I’m looking at CDC numbers for the Country, not just Texas. My response was more having to do with the flu comment. Either way, we all need to band together to beat this sucker...it’s a nasty one!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I know exactly how I feel about it. The whole state is not “locked down” I went to Tyler this morning, traffic was about half of normal, but I didn’t see the Gestapo asking for anyone’s papers.

I feel for the folks who aren’t able to work and make a paycheck, but if you live in a fairly large city, and you want to be NYC, disregard the protocols and get sick. This thing is real and the worst is not over, so I’m gonna stay away from folks as much as I can until it’s over.

I’ve lost over $40K (on paper) in the market and I ain’t worried about it. There’s more to this life than money, eating in the restaurant, drinking in the bar, going to ball games, etc., etc. Most people under 40 never had any hardship in their lives, well here’s a little bit, and I sincerely hope it gets better quickly

Very well said my freind! Very well said~!

Comment

[QUOTE=Drycreek3189;14785719]I know exactly how I feel about it. The whole state is not “locked down” I went to Tyler this morning, traffic was about half of normal, but I didn’t see the Gestapo asking for anyone’s papers.

I feel for the folks who aren’t able to work and make a paycheck, but if you live in a fairly large city, and you want to be NYC, disregard the protocols and get sick. This thing is real and the worst is not over, so I’m gonna stay away from folks as much as I can until it’s over.

I’ve lost over $40K (on paper) in the market and I ain’t worried about it. There’s more to this life than money, eating in the restaurant, drinking in the bar, going to ball games, etc., etc. Most people under 40 never had any hardship in their lives, well here’s a little bit, and I sincerely hope it gets better quickly[/QUOT

Add another zero to your loss Don and that is what I'm looking at. Mostly oil & gas stocks, which will come back eventually. I wish Trump would address the oil prices with Russia & Saudia Arabia. Slap them around a little and get them to pinch off the valves and get the oil price back up to $40.

Comment

I’m more concerned about the looming mortgage crisis than I am about school or graduations. I think it has the makings of 2008 part deaux.

Comment

According to my google foo, pneumonia kills about 60,000 people per year in the US. This is all being blown way out of proportion and forcing people to stay in their homes seems very unconstitutional.

Comment

I agree with JayB.
                    Something isn't adding up. Although I believe it has the potential to be a deadly virus it isn't to the majority who get it. We are suspending the constitution and destroying the economy for the loss of a few. The last I learned the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I agree with JayB.
                      Something isn't adding up. Although I believe it has the potential to be a deadly virus it isn't to the majority who get it. We are suspending the constitution and destroying the economy for the loss of a few. The last I learned the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.

Gary
                      You’re absolutely wrong. Flat out. It’s not the loss of a “few”...it’s potential to have 100k + fatal cases. Do yourself a favor and watch the YouTube link I added...it’s real and it’s scary guys. I’ve been in public safety and healthcare for 20 years and for the first time in my career, I’m honestly scared.

Dr. Duc Vuong, World's #1 Weight Loss Surgeon, Author of 13 books, explains how coronavirus kills its victims.Talk with Dr. V Live at https://www.facebook.co...

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        This is what gets me:

Abbott said 42,922 Texans have been tested for COVID-19, with 3,266 positive results and 41 deaths. There’s at least one case in 122 of Texas’ 254 counties

Everyone in a panic and only 10% of those tested were positive. So did they have flu like symptoms and yet still not Covid?

Still not even close to other "flu" viruses that affected WAY more people and nothing was done. I still smell a rat, somewhere. Not sure who, what, when but, somewhere.

Agree, he also stated that only 2% of the beds allocated for Covid are currently occupied. A long way to go before we are stacking people in less than desirable locations.

CDC number for the flu as of 4 days ago....CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses, 400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu. The number of deaths each year from the flu range from 30-80K. I dont see anyone freaking out or destroying the global economy because of it every year. I think when this is all said and done the true death rate as a percentage is going to be less than the seasonal flu. Time will tell who is right and who isnt.

Comment

Trump's update tonight said their #'s are estimating 100k deaths & watch for it to get really ugly over the next two weeks...it's the big cities & how the populace behaves in regards to distancing.

If this comes to pass, I'm gonna have a slice of crow pie as I figured it would be similar to the swine which was around 12k. Basically it boils down to the individual.

Comment

I am taking another load of furniture and belongings from our house in Lubbock to our new place in Rogers on Thursday and will see absolutely no one except when we stop for gas so this to me is essential. We are taking something to eat in the cooler so no stopping unless it is at a roadside park to eat! I am social distancing for sure!

Comment

You’re absolutely wrong. Flat out. It’s not the loss of a “few”...it’s potential to have 100k + fatal cases. Do yourself a favor and watch the YouTube link I added...it’s real and it’s scary guys. I’ve been in public safety and healthcare for 20 years and for the first time in my career, I’m honestly scared.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59...ature=youtu.be
                              Yeah well your opinion doesn't impress me. And neither do the gloom and doom numbers the fat cats who will still get richer keep giving out when they get their faces plastered on the news.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                                Yeah well your opinion doesn't impress me. And neither do the gloom and doom numbers the fat cats who will still get richer keep giving out when they get their faces plastered on the news.

Gary
                                Here’s the deal, chief...it’s not my opinion. It’s scientific evidence and hard numbers from some of the leading minds in medicine and science. How about you stop be a know it all asshat and listen to the facts? People like you are the ones who will get my crews exposed and hurt...your arrogance is astonishing...to suggest you know more about a global pandemic than the best and brightest minds in the world...I honestly feel sorry for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X