Hunting Highway Medians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Highway Medians

I’m just finishing my annual stand check and bait blocks from Texas to PA in Highway medians. I put out three new stand locations.

I’m gonna write a handbook soon with photos.

Law Dawgs, catch me if you can. I’m one of Uncle Sam’s best.

Happy Huntin and I’ll catch y’all on a Flip-Flop

So you are hunting the Long Pasture?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep

Comment

I have no experience at what your doing. Could you give some details on how to choose a location and how to set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I have no experience at what your doing. Could you give some details on how to choose a location and how to set up?

Look for these....

Comment

Yeah, they always cross at those

You guys have the spirit !

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Look for these....

Comment

I prefer hunting at night when I hunt the long pasture... Don't need much of a stand that way... just a good one-eyed beagle. It is also easier to take the shot without accidentally hitting a car passing by... easy to see the head lights if you're in a wide spot where there's good woods in the median... Especially like oak mots in wide spots!

Comment

What’s the weapon of choice for median hunters? Do you use some acorn rage at your locations ?

Comment

You are doing it all wrong, you hunt the overpasses they are putting in for the animals to cross. It makes a really good funnel, and no bait needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        What’s the weapon of choice for median hunters? Do you use some acorn rage at your locations ?
                        One eyed beagle and a .22short single shot... At night, it's a lot easier. That way they don't run out in traffic and get hit... That messes up a lot of meat when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                          You are doing it all wrong, you hunt the overpasses they are putting in for the animals to cross. It makes a really good funnel, and no bait needed.
                          don't do these......state departments monitor them for the critter counts and they like to brag on their successes with these. too easy to get caught in those areas

Comment

Another good about median hunts - if the traffic is heavy enough you don’t need to bring your own spotlight!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Look for these....

I think we got a couple of those right here in Burlytown on the north side of Wicker Hill on Hwy 174. But there's no median in the road. What's a feller to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X