Houston safari club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston safari club

They have a show coming up this weekend. Is it worth the trip?

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
    They have a show coming up this weekend. Is it worth the trip?
    What's your goal? Hunts, guns, jewelry, taxidermy work, trips.....or just gawking? The SCI Reno show and the DSC show both had good reviews. The exhibitors at HSC are pretty much the same folks. We had our Houston Chapter of SCI 4th annual free outfitters night last night since so many folks were in town. BBQ and beer made for a fun evening!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^
      A little of everything you mentioned. I had heard it was a small show and don’t bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
        ^^
        A little of everything you mentioned. I had heard it was a small show and don’t bother.
        Never heard that or experienced that. None are bigger than SCI....but I guess small is relative. My feet hurt every year and HSC does a good job.

Comment

Attend it, I have never been, but knowing Oscar it will be a good show.

Oscar you need to clean out you PM box!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Attend it, I have never been, but knowing Oscar it will be a good show.

Oscar you need to clean out you PM box!
            Will deaux sir...someone else told me that last week.[emoji108]

Comment

Looks like I have something to do this weekend then.

Comment

It's growing altho as mentioned not as large as SCI or DSC. I know two outfitters coming for the first time. Apparently HSC changing venues to GRB has outfitters more interested in attending. There has to be at least as many or more hunters in the Houston area as Dallas. Of course DSC has a bigger reputation than HSC but it will be better than any TTHA show

Oscar- I have been hearing Reno was down, attendance dropped, issue with the venue etc. A lot of outfitters are going the internet advertising route with a presence on forums vs the shows as the younger generation is more likely to use that medium to book hunts vs old school, cold walk up at a show booth and booking.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  It's growing altho as mentioned not as large as SCI or DSC. I know two outfitters coming for the first time. Apparently HSC changing venues to GRB has outfitters more interested in attending. There has to be at least as many or more hunters in the Houston area as Dallas. Of course DSC has a bigger reputation than HSC but it will be better than any TTHA show

Oscar- I have been hearing Reno was down, attendance dropped, issue with the venue etc. A lot of outfitters are going the internet advertising route with a presence on forums vs the shows as the younger generation is more likely to use that medium to book hunts vs old school, cold walk up at a show booth and booking.
                  Oscar, the same I heard from Reno at the Dallas show from people that went and outfitters that went. Most said it was very disappointing. Have you heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Oscar, the same I heard from Reno at the Dallas show from people that went and outfitters that went. Most said it was very disappointing. Have you heard anything?
                    I spoke to a lot of outfitters at DSC during the move out and most expressed disappointment in the Reno show as well. My bet is some may pass on SCI next year. I guess we’ll see if that pans out.

Comment

I went last year and plan on going this year as well. I thought it was a pretty good show with plenty of outfitters, equipment dealers etc. We are headed to South Africa this summer and I want to get information and opinions on a wide renge of subjects.

Comment

Ill be there Saturday. Usually go to DSC but couldnt make it this year so figured we would give Houston a try.

Comment

I thought Reno was fine.....it ain't Vegas, lol!. It's odd that exhibitors did not like Reno as they were the ones pushing for the move back there for at least 3 years. Cheaper hotels, cheaper food, less entertainment to keep folks in the show longer, etc. Now that it has been moved some are saying attendance is down? Well, cant really have it both ways. None of my buddies wives went as they had nothing to deaux in Reno....including my wife. [emoji854] Guess your "danged if you deaux and danged if you dont!" With 2 more years in Reno it will be interesting to see if folks give up on there booth space as the waiting list is loooong. [emoji2962] I heard that east coast numbers were down but truly no way to prove that. Reno is difficult to get to honestly. The chamber in Reno said the event had a $20 impact on the community thus folks were spending like drunken sailors......not that anything is wrong with that, lol. [emoji2] I missed DSC for Saints playoff game but hopefully I shake this flu by Saturday for HSC.

Comment

It's a cool show if you have never been, but I don't know that I would go more than once every year or two. Last time we went, there were lots of genetic freak buck exhibits. Cool to see, but not what I would consider a typical trophy. We alternate HSC with the Houston Auto Show. This year is the auto show.
                            Last edited by WItoTX; 01-24-2019, 03:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I will be hanging out in the Limcroma Safaris booth #501 at the Houston Show on Friday and half the day on Saturday. Any TBH'ers at the show please come by and say hello. It's always fun to meet other hunters and put faces to the names.

Comment

Working...
                              X