Coyote trapping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote trapping help

I have a yote issue at my house in haltom City I have lost now 12 chickens to him 5 lastnight. I HAVE USEDa large live trap with no luck anyone here wamna trap him or tips?

I haven’t ever seen a a coyote be caught in a live trap but I don’t use those personally

Get some snares and boil them and then set them up around the avenues of approach with gloves on. That may very well be a bobcat or fox. I don’t know if you have actually seen the culprit but in my experience fox and bobcats seem to be the problem with chickens more than coyotes. However I do not keep chickens but I do trap extensively for predators with leg hold and snare traps.

Comment

Well that’s sucks

If possible, I’m thinking you would want to set some foot hold traps

Maybe even night hunt it with a solid pellet rifle if neighbors are at a good distance

Comment

If you don’t have dogs or neighbors pets around I would go the snare route as well. They’ve worked well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tip 1 don't use snares or leg holds unless you are a looong way from neighbors with dogs and cats. Not having anymore info than what's given, look on interwebs for trapping how to, to much info to even try to get on a format like this. Also look into "predator night eyes" and electric on your perimeter fence, we use both on the sons poultry operation and it's very effective, with those and a good yard dog the losses are kept very low.

Comment

Im in middle of city I have 4 dogs snd 3 goats on 1 acre...

Comment

And yes I have seen him 3 times

Comment

yes this , but I put a foot trap at the entrance and caught several .

Comment

I have a live bait trap have tired chickens a opossum and a squirrel as bait

Comment

Hamburger filled with gopher bait...but you didn't hear it here.

Comment

Troy, I think you have a dilemma. If you set any traps or snares, you’re gonna catch your dogs, if they run loose, or someone else’s. The pellet gun or an air rifle may be your only option. Call the Game Warden and see what they recommend. Seriously. Good luck !

Comment

Hey man - I live in HC as well. Diamond Oaks. I've seen a coyote up here just off 377 and Glenview. A few years ago we trapped a fox that was living under our neighbors shed. I've never heard of a coyote being caught in a live trap either, so not much help there.

I think the pellet gun might be the best option. Animal Control might also be of some assistance (maybe? probably doubtful.). I dunno. Good luck.

Comment

Should've shot it yesterday with all the fireworks going off. No one the wiser

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Hey man - I live in HC as well. Diamond Oaks. I've seen a coyote up here just off 377 and Glenview. A few years ago we trapped a fox that was living under our neighbors shed. I've never heard of a coyote being caught in a live trap either, so not much help there.

I think the pellet gun might be the best option. Animal Control might also be of some assistance (maybe? probably doubtful.). I dunno. Good luck.
                            Hey come for a beer soon!! Lol Im off 377 and webster but its killed alot so far hc animal control doesnt trap yotes they refured me to a warden he said he wont come trap either

Comment

Working...
                            X