Piebald public land buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piebald public land buck

I was fortunate to take this piebald buck on public land drawn hunt last season and got him back from the taxidermist today.

He came in to around 125 yards and I dropped him. Didn’t know he was this special until I walked up on him. It’s truly a once in a lifetime deer for me. The chocolate antlers are a nice compliment to his look. Also, all of his points are rounded off at the ends.

He wasn’t a huge deer, but where they live they don’t have big bodies or huge racks. It’s an amazing trophy in my opinion since less than 2% of whitetail are piebald.

Last edited by salth2o; 07-15-2022, 06:01 PM.

Very cool, very nice.

Comment

Tropheeee! Nice

Comment

Different, in a nice way. I like the dark edges on his ears.

Comment

I know I'll get flamed, but a deer like that deserves a better taxidermist.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            I know I'll get flamed, but a deer like that deserves a better taxidermist.
            agree

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Cool deer, you should of taken it to Texastaxi. Lol

Comment

Piebald public land buck

Originally posted by RMW View Post

That’s what I hear…

Comment

Did he look like that when you killed him? He looks 20 years old.

Comment

Any pics of him when you killed him?

Comment

I think it’s a nice trophy. Only thing that matters is if you like it.

Comment

That is a great looking Buck...Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            That’s what I hear…
                            Not sure if y'all are being sincere or sarcastic.
                            I'm being sincere when I tell you that mount is on the below average end of the spectrum.
                            I have never claimed to be the best taxidermist, but I can hold my own and produce a pretty solid commercial mount. I have entered a few mounts at the Texas Taxidermy Association convention, but quickly learned it wasn't my thing. I did learn from my critiques, but I could not stand some of the pompous taxidermists that felt the need to walk around pounding their chests.

I did this thread several years ago, but the information is still valid. Please read it and use the information the next time you drop off an animal at the taxidermist. Even use it as a tool when you look at mounts on here. You'll be surprised what you see.

Woods to the wall in 3 days

Out of respect for the moderators and the site's taxidermy sponsor, I don't post pictures of my work, but if you do a search, you can find quite a bit of it posted by a few of my happy clients.

Comment

Congratulations on a fine trophy. Most people will never see a deer with that color in the wild, much less shoot one.

Comment

Working...
                              X