X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk....

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
      this 100% walk in there with some leverage. they will put the screwin to you if they can. check interest rates at your banks and some credit unions. even get approved for a loan before you start the buying process. only way they get to finance if if they beat the rate you already have.
      Absolutely do this. It’s easy and puts you in complete control.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
        What about the Asset Protection? Just an add-on?
        If you’re willing to continue to do business with them after they are playing games with you then you take any beating you get lol.

I’ve had them put a “commit to buy” paper in front of me. Said I need to sign it before we discussed any further. No. I dont. If I wasn’t serious I wouldn’t be sitting here talking to you. I HATE most car salesman and the mind game pushy BS they are trained on. I hope they take it in the shorts shortly now that inventory is catching up. The crap they try to pull on folks is nearly criminal.

Finance through your local credit union unless there’s extra incentives to finance through ford or whoever. If you DO finance through them you don’t need to wait a month to refinance. I had mine refinanced within the day. Took advantage of the extra $1500 incentive. Win win. You owe that dealer nothing because I can promise 99% of them will screw you hard if you let them.

Comment

I loathe car dealerships.

That “commit to buy” BS is just so they have something to come back at you with after they tack on $15k and you say you’re not buying the vehicle.

“Oh, but you signed this worthless piece of paper saying you’d buy.”
          Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 08-11-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
            I'm sure that is what they are calling GAP insurance. If you have a decent down payment or trade in then you probably should decline it.
            That's what i thought, but it has window tint, clear coats and some other BS.
            I told my wife to go somewhere else.

Comment

That’s all add on you don’t have to buy.

Comment

They ALL seem to add that. Crap comes that way. It’s tinted glass lol. Total rip off.

Comment

I ordered a truck from Johnson Sewell Ford in Marble Falls. They sold the truck at the ordered price, no upcharge. Gave me a rebate and a discount with 0% for 60 months.
                  My sales guy was Jim Joiner. Don’t know if these incentives are still good but I think I got a fair deal.
                  Last edited by Mertzon Man; 08-11-2022, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Walk. I ain't putting up with that bs.

Comment

Before you get to the dealership, you should know your credit score…and like mentioned above, having your credit union lined up and ready to go is a good idea. Other than the out the door price, I don’t care about anything the dealership has to say. Screw everything else…I’ve walked out of a lot of dealerships, I ain’t in love with a single vehicle. There’s always another one at the next lot and I sure ain’t signing anything until I’m sitting in the finance office. I both love auto shopping and abhor it at the same time…if I’m in no hurry to buy, it’s actually enjoyable. If I’m pressed for some reason, I hate it

Comment

I seen on the news that 1 out of 12 new vehicles are up for repo now, if you can believe the news. Ford Motor Credit is having a helluva time with it, between the repo's and the dealers poking out eyeballs.

If you can wait a bit, there could be better deals coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I seen on the news that 1 out of 12 new vehicles are up for repo now, if you can believe the news. Ford Motor Credit is having a helluva time with it, between the repo's and the dealers poking out eyeballs.

If you can wait a bit, there could be better deals coming.

Do you know what the “normal” rate of repo was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X