Comment

Well done!

Comment

….

Comment

Looks great Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            So now came time to decide on what we were going to skin the panels with? Weight was a concern, so the free 1x8’s were not an option, and any size OSB/plywood was out of our price range. So it was agreed on to go with a 4x8 5mm sheeting from Home Depot. Once purchased, we made quick work of covering the panels and getting them painted for protection.

Rwc
            I've just framed up my new stand and needing to wall it in.
            What sheeting exactly are you referring to? Plywood is just too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              I've just framed up my new stand and needing to wall it in.
              What sheeting exactly are you referring to? Plywood is just too expensive.
              Sorry meant 1/8” 4x8 utility panel.

I think they were 16.98 each. We used 5 or 6 sheets.

Rwc

Comment

I like it and the spot. I might need to come break that in for you....you know how warm early season can be!

Comment

Very nice, she will enjoy that !

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    This was my second one also. The first one is a tad smaller but close. you are correct on easily hunting two out of them. Also, I too believe deer get use to them quicker.

I will try and dig up a few photos of my first one.

Lake Limestone water level way down yet?

Rwc
                    Wayyyy down.

Last week there was dry land where the water was over the floor board on my ranger july 4th. Probably drag the jon boat up and bring the CC home at labor day
                    Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-15-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Wayyyy down.

Last week there was dry land where the water was over the floor board on my ranger july 4th. Probably drag the jon boat up and bring the CC home at labor day
                      Understood, Waco is down right at 9'. A couple of government ground spots I like to boat into and hunt are only accessible by foot now......did I mention old and out of shape.... need some run off rain badly.

Rwc

Comment

Great work Richard! I'm needing something exactly like this for one of my spots. Tried to make a tripod work but it's just not cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                          Great work Richard! I'm needing something exactly like this for one of my spots. Tried to make a tripod work but it's just not cutting it.
                          If what your looking for is just for hunting one, I would suggest cut down on the size quite a bit. You can get away with 1'-9" to 2'-0" panels with wall heights of 6'-0". Would be much easier on material and hiding in brush piles.

Hope all is well my friend.

Rwc

Comment

Great build for sure. I've built quite a few of these style blinds and love them. I've learned a little more each time I build one. My first build was a full Octagon, but I now build them like 2BigMethod by squaring off the left, right, and back sides of the blind. It allows for you to build the blind deeper without wasting much of the skinning material. 2'6" octagon walls and then you can use a 4' full sheet plus the remaining 1'6" piece from the octagon wall to build out the left/right sides and it gives you almost a 7' depth which helps you sit back further from the windows. I like your window awnings, but I expect you may have to spray wasps nests each year (minor details). I also came across some very reasonably priced Coroplast sheets that I used for skinning and they have held up pretty good with the exception of one a huge Oak Tree uprooted and fell on it (It wouldn't have mattered what it was skinned with as no blind would have survived. LOL). Again, great build and I'm sure will allow for many comfortable and successful hunts.

Comment

Great looking stands guys! Great job!

Comment

Nice blind, looks comfy.

Comment

Working...
                                X