Quick question about spray foam in shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am fixing to run my electrical through out my shop(metal weld up). Will probably have it spray foamed down the road.

question is... I figure to put my outlet boxes at the outer edge of the purlins(8" I think). if I run the wires(armor clad) and mount the boxes, will the spray foam installer be able to get behind the outlook box?

or ...should just run the wires out to where the boxes will be, spray foam and then wire up the outlets. It may be a while before I spray foam, so hoping I can screw in the boxes first.

oh...anyone know the going rate around Lampasas?

thanx,

We installed ours before foam. Trimmed the receptacles out and everything. Our spray foam guy taped off the covers to keep it out of the outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine was done the same ad Mike Ds.

Comment

Install wire, boxes and then foam.

Comment

sounds like a plan. I would like to get it done and have power as I don't know when It will be sprayed. and I definetly will be taping off the outlets.

thanx,

Comment

Originally posted by smokin6.7 View Post
            Mine was done the same ad Mike Ds.

As was mine! No wires showing anywhere because they are all covered with foam (I used mc cable) except for one or two I added after the foam.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As others have said...electric before spray foam here too. Spray guys taped off outlets and light fixtures.

Comment

Working...
              X