No deer or pigs on camera for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deer or pigs on camera for a week

I have a 3 cell camera set up on my place. Typically I'll have some kind of action on at least one of the cameras each day. Lately I've had a couple of younger bucks coming consistently to the food plots and feeders and one pig coming about every night. Well, last pic I got of the bucks was the night of the 9th around 11:30 pm and the pig the night of the 10th at 6:30 pm. The 10th was Friday and that night there was a pretty good storm roll through Ellis County but nothing I would call major on my place. Got about .75 inch of rain. It didn't blow hard enough to knock the cameras around or off center where they would be taking pics.
    I didn't think much about it when I didn't get pics (set to send every 4 hours) on Saturday and then on Sunday I was filling up the 2 feeders and the cameras took pics and sent them to me, plus it takes "test time lapse" pic every 12 hours which I have been getting. I also get a data report each morning at 4am that gives me a status for each camera and nothing has been odd there, except no new pics.
    Just seems weird that all of a sudden there hasn't been a single deer or pig for 5 days. Anyone else ever experience where deer have just "vanished"?

Things have been pretty dead this last week.

Comment

My deer and hogs have been MIA since mid October so don’t feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
        Things have been pretty dead this last week.
        Yes, the last 3 days!

My brother has been out with my Dad and he's getting ****** LOL A week ago I saw 14 at once come out so I know they're there.

Comment

I think we'll see an uptick in activity once these temps drop back down.

Comment

Much the same with me in Guadalupe County. Last pull of camera cards Sunday showed 3 different visits by pigs since Dec 26th on 2 different places---and I am generally covered up.

Comment

it's been slow at feeders

Comment

Sat afternoon things should pick up. Sunday might be the day. (aren't they all?)

Comment

Real slow at both of my spots. Frustrating, especially for my son lol

Comment

If you were shot at for the last 3 months would you come out in daylight lol

Comment

Probably a black panther in the area

Comment

I went a few days around Christmas without a single pic but then it went back to normal now both of my Snypers stopped sending pics over a week ago.
                        What camera are you running?
                        Last edited by Gunnyart; 01-16-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I was thinking something is wrong with my cuddle link cameras. But just plain slow in Mills county.

Comment

What kind of cameras are you using. I have a covert and I haven't gotten a pic of anything since the 10th. According to the app on my phone it has 40% battery life. It does say that it updated on the 10th as well. I've had atleast coons coming every night before then
                            Last edited by Garbuster; 01-16-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Mine leave oct 1 and come back Feb 1 every year

Comment

Working...
                              X