Precision 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precision 22

So I’m looking at getting a 22lr trainer type rifle. I’ve been tossing around the idea of either a cz 457 precision trainer in a manners stock or the same model in a cz 455. My question is it worth the money or should I wait on the new Bergara that’s coming out? I’d love to get a vudoo but can’t justify that kind of coin at this time.

The reports I’ve seen on the Bergara are excellent. That would be the way I was leaning simply for the Rem 700 platform. The CZ is an excellent little rifle though. Throw in the a Timney trigger and Area 419 rail and you’re set.

A buddy put this one together a few years back, then I proceeded to put the next 2000+ rounds through it since he never shot it It’s a fine little hammer.Click image for larger version

Name:	F0AAABF1-54DF-4EB0-8005-E150B616D5EB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	24604788
    Last edited by TX03RUBI; 01-13-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Any idea on when that Bergara might come out? Got some pigs that need killin pretty quick here haha

Comment

I would get an Anschutz...I've shot this one & it will put them into the same hole. My personal FWT's shoot just as good as does my wood stock 1710 & 1712. It is really a treat to be able to consistently kill quail in the noggin at 50yds.

Their target rifles win more matches than any other I reckon...be prepared to pay a lot of $$$$ for ammo if you want a 50yds ragged 5 shot group. The top shelf Eley is where it's at for accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I would get an Anschutz...I've shot this one & it will put them into the same hole. My personal FWT's shoot just as good as does my wood stock 1710 & 1712. It is really a treat to be able to consistently kill quail in the noggin at 50yds.

Their target rifles win more matches than any other I reckon...be prepared to pay a lot of $$$$ for ammo if you want a 50yds ragged 5 shot group. The top shelf Eley is where it's at for accuracy.
          I think the OP's purpose was a "trainer" rifle, meaning one that would mimic his daily driver in fit and feel, allowing him to practice with it and be able to carry over the same muscle memories to a full size rifle.

Side note...Those Anschutz are frikkin sweet! I would love to own one one day

Comment

Thanks...they are amazing shooting rigs. The top black one is a rare 1700 22 Hornet Graphite.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
              Any idea on when that Bergara might come out? Got some pigs that need killin pretty quick here haha
              There’s already a handful in the wild. Just hard to find.

Comment

Have you guys seen the V-22 yet?? I fondled one the other day & it's quite impressive...basically an improvement on the 40x rimfire action & think they use hand cut bbls.

Expensive but really really nice...

Vudoo Gun Works - Passionate about rimfire and commited to our customers. Home of the patented V-22 Action. Come see what we're all about!

Comment

Have you guys seen the V-22 yet?? I fondled one the other day & it's quite impressive...basically an improvement on the 40x rimfire action & think they use hand cut bbls.

Expensive but really really nice...

https://vudoogunworks.com
                  Yeah they are really nice rifles I’m just trying not to get that much money tied up into a 22 right now. But I have been tempted

Comment

Sorry I missed that in your OP...I think I'm gonna sell something & try one at some point. I like that little Crow rifle for a truck gun. Kinda curious how they group vs the anschutz sporters.

Comment

I’d build off the new RimX if I was building an all out 700 clone. Mostly because I want a 17 WSM in a non POS rifle, which the RimX offers. Might as well make the rim fire a switchbarrel to run either 22 Lr or 17 WSM.

Comment

Mac

For the money CZ's can shoot pretty dang good with a little tuning.

This is a series of targets I shot while working on my wife's 452. This was taken straight from the box, scope mounted and bore sighted. I was cutting the barrel down and decided to shoot 10 shot groups through the process of taking the barreled action in and out of the lathe and re-mounting the scope. I used a torque wrench for stock mounting. Other that the POI shift which could have been the machine work or scope/stock remounting the gun shoots well.

I built my trainer on a 455 action and it's (tack driver) lol It's right at 13lbs with the bipod and loaded mag. I have Kimber and Anschutz's but they are not what I consider a trainer.

Comment

Thanks for all the help! Is there any difference between the cz 455 and 457 besides the fact the 457 has an American style safety? I found a hood deal on a 455 but the hold up is still the backwards safety

Comment

Man that’s nice!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                              Man that’s nice!
                              That gun actually got a bid of $1950 on the original listing, but the ding-dong crawfished & had to re-list. No big deal for me, but feel bad for seller buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X