Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World
Default Trump pardons 3 of our finest

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...s-rank-2019-11

If he didn't already have my vote, he would have it now
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...s-rank-2019-11

If he didn't already have my vote, he would have it now
x1000
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Just keeps doing what the others should have been doing all along.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
GarGuy
Pope & Young

These guys should never have faced charges. Never. Trump just keeps doing the right thing just because its the right thing. All his bluster aggravates me. I really don't like the man and all the crap he says. Then he just cuts through the crap and does the right thing.

To Trump
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
These guys should never have faced charges. Never. Trump just keeps doing the right thing just because its the right thing. All his bluster aggravates me. I really don't like the man and all the crap he says. Then he just cuts through the crap and does the right thing.

To Trump
Small price to pay for doing the right thing. We are so used to say the right thing, do the wrong thing. Trump aggravates me as well. I totally get where you're coming from. Let him talk all he wants. I'll judge his ability by his actual actions, exactly like it sounds you are doing. If all the haters could figure this out, we'd be better off.
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #7
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:

To Trump
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
Small price to pay for doing the right thing. We are so used to say the right thing, do the wrong thing. Trump aggravates me as well. I totally get where you're coming from. Let him talk all he wants. I'll judge his ability by his actual actions, exactly like it sounds you are doing. If all the haters could figure this out, we'd be better off.

BINGO!
Far as I am concerned, he's morally bankrupt, but he does know how to run a company, manage a business and get things done... and against high odds... He's been opposed by the left and even many in his own party who are getting fat and rich off the taxpayers. THAT's why the swamp hates him so much... As long as he keeps doing the right thing, I'll keep supporting him and do my best to ignore the person of Trump.
If you were to go back and look at the old threads when the race was going on back in late '15 and '16, I was one of those who posted about how bad I despised him and likely would just sit this election out... Many others posted some very compelling commentary as to why that was not the thing to do... I fortunately listened to their reasoning and voted more "against Hitlery" rather than "for Trump"... This time around unless he flips, my vote will be strongly "FOR TRUMP".
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #8
Razrbk89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas

I’m don’t know much of the back story on those pardons, and I hope they’re deserving.

Crazy the people they’ll pardon, though. He got talked into pardoning a guy from up here that totally blew my mind. Shouldn’t have even come as a surprise, but was definitely a reminder of how messed up our system is.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
Yessir. He in an arrogant blowhard on Twitter. That said he just keeps on hitting the nail on the despite his lack of cloth.

Go Trump
Old 11-18-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Crazy as it is, he's just what we needed at this time & place being hindsight...it's almost as if the nation is trying to find her soul & about to show colors come 2020. Certainly wasn't my first choice for potus.

It's like dishes of righteousness keep coming no matter what...landslide will be the word of the day come time to vote 2020. Something disastrous would have to happen at this point. Loving it.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 06:54 PM   #11
Walker
Ten Point

I wouldn't call a soldier that posed for a pic with a dead enemy one of our finest. The other two did nothing wrong.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #12
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I wouldn't call a soldier that posed for a pic with a dead enemy one of our finest. The other two did nothing wrong.
He volunteers to serve.
He serves in some of the worst most life threatening areas in the world and because he poses in a picture he's what in your mind?
Old 11-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
I posed with a coyote I killed before. That coyote was only trying to kill my fawns. The bass **** he killed was making bombs to kill his brothers.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #14
CabezaBlanca
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
What would you call him?
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 10:48 PM   #15
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:
I posed with a coyote I killed before. That coyote was only trying to kill my fawns. The bass **** he killed was making bombs to kill his brothers.
This!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #16
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Even though he tweets too much and sounds like a idiot at times I cant help but love the guy.. Go TRUMP!!!! WINNING......
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #17
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
NOW That's a matter of opinion..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #18
jer_james
Pope & Young

Good for these Families! Hope for the best.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
they did nothing wrong imo; thank you President Trump.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #20
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
I wouldn't call a soldier that posed for a pic with a dead enemy one of our finest.
Doesn’t bother me in the least...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #21
locolobo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

Quote:
Never seen photos from WWII? Lots of dead enemy poses with our brave heros.
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2019, 01:52 AM   #22
Bowdark
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas swamps to Teton County

The tweets are distractions. Trump is hilarious at times.

He is a True American.

I cannot wait for impeachment hearings. A ton of bs will be revealed publicly.

The Schiff dog and pony show is nothing but an x-mark on a kindergarten scorecard.

Dems are crotch-deep in Ukraine corruption.
Bowdark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #23
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

I am retired military and don't even begin to know all the details, evidence, testimony in the 3 cases but it disturbs me that our President chose to insert his authority in the cases when the military members had not exhausted all their options/remedies in the military justice system.. IMO it would have been more appropriate had he waited until all appeals were exhausted and then if he felt it appropriate, issue the pardons..
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffer View Post
I am retired military and don't even begin to know all the details, evidence, testimony in the 3 cases but it disturbs me that our President chose to insert his authority in the cases when the military members had not exhausted all their options/remedies in the military justice system.. IMO it would have been more appropriate had he waited until all appeals were exhausted and then if he felt it appropriate, issue the pardons..
Heck, they would be sitting in prison for years to come if they had to wait for all of the governmental b.s. to play thru.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #25
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
Heck, they would be sitting in prison for years to come if they had to wait for all of the governmental b.s. to play thru.
And likely 1million in lawyer debt.....pis in that.
I dont care if they actually murdered that bag o crap....he was a muslim terrorists and God **** our guys are deserve some leeway
Old 11-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #26
Dave

1Lt Lawrence is a killer who ordered his men to kill unarmed and non-threatening men. Every NCO in his platoon testified against him. The squad leader, a staff sergeant on his third deployment, on the ground refused the order repeatedly telling the gunner to not open fire and argued with the 1LT do let the men go.

If he wanted to appeal his conviction he could have. He didn't because his defense team told him that there was no chance of the case being overturned.

Now the media is presenting him as a hero wrongly accused and convicted. The only heroes were his squad leader who stood up to an illegal order, and the rest of the NCO's and enlisted men who stood up to testify against him.

The president is wrong on this one and more importantly is doing this only to drum up support from his base. He doesn't care about the right or wrong of this he only cares about the media impact. It's all he cares about.

If you want to see more about the case, watch the program Leavenworth on Starz, https://www.starz.com/series/leavenworth/episodes
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #27
Artos
Pope & Young

Sorta surprised the msm hasn’t run with this myself...
Old 11-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #28
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

War is a nasty business. One thing you must learn very quickly in order to stay alive is to shoot first and ask questions later. As a combat veteran and survivor I have my own strong opinions obviously. Trump did the right thing. God bless all our troops.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #29
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Lorance made the right call. Previously withheld information now confirms forensic evidence linked DNA found on detonated roadside bombs to the DNA of the Afghan men.” There were also fingerprints found linking the two men to IED's. This information was withheld from the defense by the prosecution and most likely the main reason for the pardon.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #30
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffer View Post
This is the main criticism that I have seen
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #31
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Lorance made the right call. Previously withheld information now confirms forensic evidence linked DNA found on detonated roadside bombs to the DNA of the Afghan men.” There were also fingerprints found linking the two men to IED's. This information was withheld from the defense by the prosecution and most likely the main reason for the pardon.
Well as a combat vet I disagree. He didn't know at the time that's who they were, they were just random guys on the side of the road.

You are right, war is a nasty business and a lot of civilians have been killed in both Afghanistan and Iraq because US soldiers made mistakes. We shot up a whole bus load of Afghans and killed or wounded something like 30 people. Nobody went to jail over that. We dropped a bomb on a school because of mistaken transfer of information to a pilot. Killed all the students and teachers. Nobody on the ground nor the pilot went to jail.

Had he had anything remotely close to a reasonable argument that those guys were a threat he wouldn't ever have been charged.

We aren't the country that let's it's soldiers run around indiscriminately killing civilians and getting away with it. We have seen examples time after time of what that kind of military turns into and we can't go down that road.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #32
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

I dont claim any knowledge or military expertise in the form of procedure..but a similiar incident that included 4 men on a mountaintop who chose to let suspected enemy conspirators go ended with 3 of them, a helicopter full of others, and innocent citizens dead.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #33
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I dont claim any knowledge or military expertise in the form of procedure..but a similiar incident that included 4 men on a mountaintop who chose to let suspected enemy conspirators go ended with 3 of them, a helicopter full of others, and innocent citizens dead.
And if you talk to Marchus today he will tell you he doesn't question that decision and would make the same one again today.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #34
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
And if you talk to Marchus today he will tell you he doesn't question that decision and would make the same one again today.
Doesnt change what happened.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #35
Dave

Quote:
Doesnt change what happened.
I guess I don't understand your point then.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #36
systemnt
Pope & Young

Letting 3 go directly cost several men their lives.
Its a choice that can be justified either way.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #37
Dave

Quote:
Letting 3 go directly cost several men their lives.
Its a choice that can be justified either way.
Maybe sitting in your lounge chair at home. But to the men who were there, who have to live with those actions the rest of their lives. What have already stated they wouldn't change the decision. It's can't be justified. War is not a video game, you don't get to just shut if off and forget about it.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #38
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Maybe sitting in your lounge chair at home. But to the men who were there, who have to live with those actions the rest of their lives. What have already stated they wouldn't change the decision. It's can't be justified. War is not a video game, you don't get to just shut if off and forget about it.
His own words had two of his crew saying they voted to off them.
Not the movie..his book.
So yeh.. killing 3 to save those 4 and then the entire group in the helicopter..not mentioning the afghan citizens.. would be totally justified.
Just as justified as the decision his leader made to let them go.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #39
Artos
Pope & Young

Hell, they squabbled over it amongst themselves & followed protocol knowing more lives would be lost...the mission was screwed regardless.

Tough deal but have to say I do like this sort angle vs the a potus supporting a traitor who jumped **** during combat story...not sure whats right / wrong here in each instance, but the politics & punishment they so actively wanted to inflict was suspect. It's refreshing to the overall support & gonna run with a positive note.

Some of these stories may not be over after listening to lawyers being interviewed.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #40
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

When you fight ruthless savages that are so f***ing barbaric you better get on their level if you plan to win the battle and the war. Thank you Mr. President for standing up for the ones that raise their hand and say I will go.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #41
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
When you fight ruthless savages that are so f***ing barbaric you better get on their level if you plan to win the battle and the war. Thank you Mr. President for standing up for the ones that raise their hand and say I will go.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Someone brought up a good point to me yesterday regarding his case. It wasn't that long ago that federal agents posed for hero shots with burned bodies of American citizens on American soil. They were given medals and promotions.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #42
CEO
Pope & Young

Saw this headline about Lorance this morning.

"The convicted US Army war criminal Trump released early says he can't get a job 'even at Walmart or Target"
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #43
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
First quote was when he was asked if he regrets his vote that day.. Second one is right outta the book. I'm not saying he would have chose to kill them if he had the chance again, but he would NOT have made the same decision.

"It would be worth me doing the time in prison if my buddies were still alive, if that answers your question."

-- Marcus Luttrell-

"It was the stupidest, most Southern-fried, lame-brained decision I ever made in my life to vote to let them go ... I actually cast a vote that I knew would sign our death warrant."

-- Marcus Luttrell-.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top