Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gods Creation Taxidermy(still in business?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods Creation Taxidermy(still in business?)

Has anybody used him lately? I called him but no answer and the mailbox is full. I just went by his shop and his truck was there but no answer at the door. I also noticed his website is down. I took him a bobcat in Sept 2017 and was just going to check on the status. I know they take some time to do. There were some skulls outside by the door(I guess waiting to be euro’ed) and other stuff scattered about.

I hope nothing has happened to him.

He was liking FB posts(Personal Page) last Sunday. So, I think he as the person, is okay. But, I don't know anything about the business though.

Comment

I just got a call from Mark. He has been in the hospital with the flu and pneumonia. He is doing better. His website is down because he is having it redone. Also, he will be moving to a new building in between Cresson and Weatherford on 51 in the near future. Just glad he is OK!

Comment

Glad to hear he is doing better. If you get a chance, will you tell him to return my calls or texts. Or better yet, get him to give me my axis and spotted fallow deer flatskins he has had since October of 2016. He has been paid in full, and has gone radio silent the last 1.5 years.

Must have got burned by his tanner, and in turn is screwing his clients.
        Last edited by texas shag; 04-04-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Cresson and Weatherford on 51

That would be off 171.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
            Cresson and Weatherford on 51

That would be off 171.
            Maybe he meant between Granbury and Weatherford? He gave me the address but I didn’t write it down.

Comment

Sounds like the same issue I'm having.I dropped off a bobcat in November 2016 (my first cat). I've got nothing but empty promises. The last response I got from him was in June of 2018 and he said it would be a couple more weeks. I gave him half down and was told it would only take 8 months. Guessing I got screwed.

Comment

Same here. He has had my cat since Feb of 17. Called last summer he told me a month. Haven't heard anything since. To be fair I haven't called since then. Trying to be patient.

Comment

He's had my bobcat since March 2017 also. Gave me excuses about help leaving, moving to another location, etc. Promised to have it done by March 1st this year. Sent an email around March 15th....still waiting on a response. No excuse is acceptable anymore. Over 2 years now, and I was told under a year when I paid 1/2 down.

Comment

Not good. I had actually contemplated giving him a WT at one point. Don’t think so anymore. Good luck with the cats fellas .

Comment

Mark does fantastic work. I've had him do a WT, fox & bobcat. All three are top notch. But, the delays and missed promises deadlines are pretty irritating. If it's going to take over two years, just tell me that up front. Telling me 8 mos. then a couple more mos. Then, "Your cat is the next thing I'm getting done. Should have it done by the end of the week." Two weeks later I get ahold of him and its gonna be another month. By the time it was over, I was right around the 2 year mark. But, the work is VERY good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                        Mark does fantastic work. I've had him do a WT, fox & bobcat. All three are top notch. But, the delays and missed promises deadlines are pretty irritating. If it's going to take over two years, just tell me that up front. Telling me 8 mos. then a couple more mos. Then, "Your cat is the next thing I'm getting done. Should have it done by the end of the week." Two weeks later I get ahold of him and its gonna be another month. By the time it was over, I was right around the 2 year mark. But, the work is VERY good.
                        UNACCEPTABLE!! I saw how tons of people were taking animals to him in a short time and even though his work is REALLY GOOD I just felt like he was going to get behind and get in a bind with the amount of work coming in. Seen it happen too many times in Taxi world. I had a couple animals I got mounted and when I posted the original kill on FB he'd message me to bring it to him. That was a turnoff for me!! Let your work speak for itself, don't try to reach out to get people's animals.

Comment

Man, hate hearing all these stories like that. I dropped my bobcat off in January 17 and by August he text me and told me it was ready. Hell he even met me in Waco so I could cut some drive time off. Hope it all works out for y’all, he does awesome work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will not ever use him again. He had a hide I took to him and all I got where lies. He even said it was at the tanner once, yet it is still in my freezer not tanned. I guess I should be lucky I even got it back. Im not sure how he is still in business if this is the way he runs it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              I will not ever use him again. He had a hide I took to him and all I got where lies. He even said it was at the tanner once, yet it is still in my freezer not tanned. I guess I should be lucky I even got it back. Im not sure how he is still in business if this is the way he runs it.

If you took it to him, then how was it still in your freezer? Did you get it back from him still frozen?

Comment

Working...
                              X