No announcement yet.

Office Etiquette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to the manager. Arrange for manager to call your phone and let her answer it, then the manager can address it directly without you facing any fallout for turning her in for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      I forgot to mention, full disclosure, I did answer her phone once, after she had answered mine multiple times, but the scenario was she was on vacation for a week and the same person had called 8 times within an hour. That to me might warrant it... But seeing the caller ID is my wife and she picks up my phone when I am in the vacinity ain't right.

I have addressed it with her personally... Rest of the group I think should address it. Possibly manager.
      Again, what is wrong with her answering the phone just because your wife calls, especially if you are in the vicinity? She may have had an emergency; then wouldn't you be glad she answered your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        Go to the manager. Arrange for manager to call your phone and let her answer it, then the manager can address it directly without you facing any fallout for turning her in for it.
        According to him, he IS the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          I forgot to mention, full disclosure, I did answer her phone once, after she had answered mine multiple times, but the scenario was she was on vacation for a week and the same person had called 8 times within an hour. That to me might warrant it... But seeing the caller ID is my wife and she picks up my phone when I am in the vacinity ain't right.

I have addressed it with her personally... Rest of the group I think should address it. Possibly manager.
          Sounds like there’s another manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            According to him, he IS the manager.
            Thought he mentioned a different manager early on.

Comment

Sounds like there’s another manager?
              We are 2 of a group of five that report to the same manager of the department. We each have 3 to 5 direct reports.

Comment

PM sent.
                Realistically she may be just doing it to be busy. Many people associate busy with productive.
                Then again she may be a nosey Nellie. Either way you'll need a rule violation to force any cooperation outside of her voluntarily cooperating. Which you've already established you don't believe she has any intention of..
                Personally I'd probably just ask her why she feels the need to answer other's calls. I'd reinforce my need for her not to answer my assigned phone and let her know you are watching to ensure her cooperation. If that doesn't work ask to have the conversation with another supervisor present and document the meeting.

Gary

Comment

I find this comical. I have never met an HR person that didn’t have all the answers [emoji23] and this isn’t that hard....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought he mentioned a different manager early on.
                    I can see how it's confusing, but yes, I did mention that 23 people report to 5 supervisors who report to the manager of the department. Myself and the gal in question are two of the five supervisors.

Comment

Since nobody has asked I guess it’s up to me.

Is she hot.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I don't even want to answer my phone when it rings. Why on earth would someone want to answer someone else's
                        I didn’t read responses after this. This guy is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I’d shoot that hog in the gut!

Comment

She skimming

Comment

Forward you office phone to her desk and ask her to give you your messages when you ask daily. Take advantage of it and take a long lunch!

Comment

We have a secretary like this, it is her job to answer the phone but she will knock you over to answer the phone. I swear she can answer it before the caller ID pops up, she just likes to talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X