No announcement yet.

interest rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to find something better to put my cash in that’s easily accessible.

I’ve been looking for a new house for a while then decided to build so I just kept my cash in my regular savings and checking with Bank of America.

Made a whole $13.00 in interest last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amex high yield took 5 mins to set up. If you google high yield savings, you can get a quick report on highest return.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I’ve been looking for a new house for a while then decided to build so I just kept my cash in my regular savings and checking with Bank of America.

Comment

Why not open an account with Fidelity or etc. Stick the money in low risk stocks ( coca cola etc). Not sure and don't have the luxury to do this. I've heard they average about 5% annually. Plus you can pull your money out when you want for a small fee.
        I would think this would be better than any CD from a bank.
        No?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          For pure savings accounts, I am getting 2-3% on my liquidity account.

I don’t know about CD’s.
          3%....where?

Comment

My Edward Jones guy has me in a money market that is doing pretty good it's over 2%

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

We’ve been using Discover Bank online savings for several years now. It has had a good rate between 1.7% and up to 2.2% at times. Easy transfers back and forth too. I moved most of our savings away from Bank of America because of the same situation you are in. Most any of the options posted will be better than the pathetic rates BoA pays.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                ^ seems all most too good to be true, especially for a checking account.
                x2.

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
                  Why not open an account with Fidelity or etc. Stick the money in low risk stocks ( coca cola etc). Not sure and don't have the luxury to do this. I've heard they average about 5% annually. Plus you can pull your money out when you want for a small fee.
                  I would think this would be better than any CD from a bank.
                  No?
                  But what if you put it in on the black day, and need it out on the red day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coke.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	24605377

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

[ATTACH]989134[/ATTACH]
                    My American Funds are thru the roof since November 2017!!!!

TRUMP 2020 baby!

I don't have enough time for stocks, and agree they are not safe like OP asks

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

[ATTACH]989134[/ATTACH]
                      Single stocks and the equity markets in general are not a great idea for short term investment. Anyone with an investment horizon of 36 months or less could be subject to too much volatility with limited time to recover. You can do some research, but I think my statistics are correct.

Since, 1928 the S&P 500 has resulted in the following:

66% of the 1 yr periods resulted in a gain
                      77% of the 2 yr periods resulted in a gain
                      80% of the 3 yr periods resulted in a gain
                      84% of the 5 yr periods resulted in a gain
                      92% of the 7 yr periods resulted in a gain
                      95% of the 10 yr periods resulted in a gain

Thus, long term investing (10+ yrs) almost guarantees no loss of capital, where as a shorter horizon, increases said risk of capital losses.
                      Last edited by STGS; 01-23-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Want something safe that you can easily access get an ETF that benchmarks an index like the S&P 500 or one thats a bond fund. ETF's trade just like a stock and you can buy or sell them anytime the stock exchange is open.

Open an online investment acct with CS and go by any of the iShares ETF's that are issued by BlackRock. I guarantee you that you will see 10% + returns over the next yr. If things look like they are starting to go south, log on and sell. It's very very simple.

Comment

Working...
                        X