Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Mike D;14648307]
    Originally posted by JFISHER View Post

You can bet that the entire nation has eyes on Virginia. I believe that is their current litmus test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly. They want to see how far We The People are going to allow them to push it.

Comment

^ bingo

Comment

[quote=flywise;14647944]
        Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        So if they got 68 votes what would happen?
        In this particular case if by some fluke they got 68 and Trump was removed there would be huge civil unrest nation wide.
        Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate?

pretty much where they are headed.
        Are you sure? I'd like to think so but we are the civil ones. IMO it will be all or none..And I'd wager none at this point.

Why do more and more people become liberal? Or hate conservatives? I fully understand why people hate liberal ideas because they take money from hard working people and a vast number of other reasons.

But what has conservatives done besides better the economy? I mean what foul things do they do to warrant people going so liberal?

Comment

[quote=RiverRat1;14648412]
          Originally posted by flywise View Post

Are you sure? I'd like to think so but we are the civil ones. IMO it will be all or none..And I'd wager none at this point.

Why do more and more people become liberal? Or hate conservatives? I fully understand why people hate liberal ideas because they take money from hard working people and a vast number of other reasons.

But what has conservatives done besides better the economy? I mean what foul things do they do to warrant people going so liberal?
          Taken in it's original context "liberal" is actually libertarian. They've allowed the radical leftists i.e. "Progressives" to co-opt their name.

I don't so much despise "liberals" as I do leftists. I wouldn't **** on one if it were on fire.

Comment

[quote=JFISHER;14648096]
            Originally posted by flywise View Post

This beyond serious business... if that were to happen this next cycle, we have seen the last free and fair election in our lifetimes. The left knows full well now where they dropped the ball, where and how they will need to cover their tracks from here on. If we allow them to take the reigns of power again, we will have 1 party rule for the next 50 years. This is not even considering the recent prospect of Texas going blue.

They thought they had achieved their goal wen Obama was elected. They began setting up the "deep state" which Trump has been unmasking ever since he took office. Thing is, they were convinced Hillary was going to win, so they didn't think they needed to cover their tracks... now they know better, and you can **** well bet the next time around will be 1000 times worse than the 8 years of Obama.

We will be finished as a Constitutional Republic (assuming we aren't already)
            agreed Sir. Well stated

Comment

[quote=Mike D;14648307]
              Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              You can bet that the entire nation has eyes on Virginia. I believe that is their current litmus test.
              Agree! I didn't think much of it when I first heard of some ruckus up there....but now having researched ITS ABOUT TO GET WESTERN in Virginia. Monday is the day. Usually they have about ~1,000 that attend this annual meeting, but they are expecting 10's or thousands this time. If I am not mistaken 3 of the anti gun bills passed yesterday for them. WATCH VIRGINIA ON MONDAY.

Comment

[quote=Man;14648610]
                Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Agree! I didn't think much of it when I first heard of some ruckus up there....but now having researched ITS ABOUT TO GET WESTERN in Virginia. Monday is the day. Usually they have about ~1,000 that attend this annual meeting, but they are expecting 10's or thousands this time. If I am not mistaken 3 of the anti gun bills passed yesterday for them. WATCH VIRGINIA ON MONDAY.
                These guys they caught.... makes you wonder how many more dip****s will show up trying to set something off.

An illegal alien from Canada who allegedly had ties to a neo-Nazi group and planned an attack on a Virginia gun rally was arrested.
                Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 01-17-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                  To answer the original question: Because the US Constitution states the judge in an impeachment trial is the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.
                  .......it was all in Civics class!
                  [quote=JFISHER;14648625]
                  Originally posted by Man View Post

These guys they caught.... makes you wonder how many more dip****s will show up trying to set something off.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...nia-gun-rally/
                  Yep, not helping the situation at all. A lot of nutcases will do anything to tear this country in half or worse. Yep, sometimes you gotta take the trash out. After living & hunting in Virginia after college it is definitely a very different state outside of the northern region.....I dont see this working well for the leftist.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    I am a bit nervous about it because John Roberts was of the mindset to make the argument for the Obama administration in that the Obama care penalty was actually a tax and then ruled in favor that it was lagal according to the constitution which allowed it to become law.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                    That is true to some extent. But...

The Obama administration argued that the states didn’t have the right to bring the lawsuit thereby allowing all of Obamacare/ACA to stand. Roberts voted with the majority to allow the lawsuit.

Obama admin argued that the ACA would force state to expand Medicaid and that withholding federal funding of Medicaid from states that did not comply (like Texas) was lawful. Roberts joined the majority and removed that ACA provision and Texas and others got their federal funding, saying that the ACA was unlawful.

Obama admin argued that the individual mandate was lawful under the Interstate Commerce clause. Roberts again joined the majority and ruled that that part of ACA was unlawful.

The part that Roberts agreed with was that Congress has the power to tax and that one provision of the ACA was a tax.

So Roberts ruled against the ACA on several parts (I think 4) of it but in his ruling and statement said, no matter how unpopular or stupid, Congress has the power to tax in Article I of the Constitution.

Roberts was not pro ACA and could have voted to allow all of it to stand. He joined the majority and removed most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      The Republican party(senate)will screw this entire process up. Something that should be so very easy, they will fail.. Again.. Watch and see.
                      I hope I'm wrong..
                      What are you suggesting that we are going to see or how are they going to screw it up?

Do you think that 21 Republicans (with 100% of Dems) in the Senate will vote to remove the President after not a single vote from the Republicans in the House?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        That is true to some extent. But...

The Obama administration argued that the states didn’t have the right to bring the lawsuit thereby allowing all of Obamacare/ACA to stand. Roberts voted with the majority to allow the lawsuit.

Obama admin argued that the ACA would force state to expand Medicaid and that withholding federal funding of Medicaid from states that did not comply (like Texas) was lawful. Roberts joined the majority and removed that ACA provision and Texas and others got their federal funding, saying that the ACA was unlawful.

Obama admin argued that the individual mandate was lawful under the Interstate Commerce clause. Roberts again joined the majority and ruled that that part of ACA was unlawful.

The part that Roberts agreed with was that Congress has the power to tax and that one provision of the ACA was a tax.

So Roberts ruled against the ACA on several parts (I think 4) of it but in his ruling and statement said, no matter how unpopular or stupid, Congress has the power to tax in Article I of the Constitution.

Roberts was not pro ACA and could have voted to allow all of it to stand. He joined the majority and removed most of it.
                        Hey, hey, hey...........all that don't matter since the world is ending due to this farce of a trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Hey, hey, hey...........all that don't matter since the world is ending due to this farce of a trial.
                          According to AOC the world is ending in 10yrs due to climate change anyway.[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                            According to AOC the world is ending in 10yrs due to climate change anyway.[emoji16]

You need to get caught up.. AOC is out. Must listen to the she child god Greta. She knows all.

Comment

Schiff's now speaking in the Senate and fabricating the words from Sondland's conversation with Trump and Sondland's assistant.

Schiff is a utter lying POS.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                                Schiff's now speaking in the Senate and fabricating the words from Sondland's conversation with Trump and Sondland's assistant.

Schiff is a utter lying POS.
                                I was watching some of it but it just gave me tired head. I honestly think the Senate should just kill it and move on based upon the way the Democrats have handled the whole impeachment process.
                                The Democrats have stated outright that their plan was to impeach Trump before he even took office.

Last edited by iamntxhunter; 01-21-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X