Nice storage unit find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice storage unit find

My dad is getting older and I guess he’s realizing he won’t be using most of the tools he’s acquired I’ve the years so I’ve been helping him by selling them. I’ve kept a few things but sold a lot well I found this little gem. Paper work says 1987 and it looks new. I’m guessing it has only a few hours on it. Came with all the paper work.
    Attached Files

Those were the top of the line back then. I knew several older men who had them and paid some of us younger guys to use them.
    If I remember right they are loud as hell

Comment

In the same boat have some big ECHO and other chainsaws my grandpa bought and hardly used , been thinking about taking them to a repair shop and using them

Comment

Just turned it on for the first time in years. My dad stored it roperly and it turned on and ran like a champ. I’m keeping this bad boy.
        Last edited by STX_Shooter; 01-12-2020, 12:32 PM. Reason: .

Comment

I used to use one exactly like that when I installed fireplaces, they make short work of 2X6s and OSB.

If I needed the framers to re-frame something and they didn’t want to, I’d just fire that dude up and they’d come runnin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I used to use one exactly like that when I installed fireplaces, they make short work of 2X6s and OSB.

If I needed the framers to re-frame something and they didn’t want to, I’d just fire that dude up and they’d come runnin!

I can’t believe how loud it is!

Comment

Y’all think I should trash the case and buy a carry bag from amazon or keep the old case? It’s in ok functional condition just doesn’t look as clean and nice as the saw itself.
              Last edited by STX_Shooter; 01-12-2020, 12:37 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                Y’all think I should trash the case and buy a carry bag from amazon or keep the old case? It’s in ok functional condition just doesn’t look as clean and nice as the saw itself.
                Need a picture before a verdict can be found

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  Need a picture before a verdict can be found
                  Couple of cracks and soft spots.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I’d def keep the original carrying/storing case, but I use stuff until I can’t anymore most of the time.

Comment

I have had a number of them over the years. I heard they are designed to last 17 hours of run time. And I kinda believe it, as none of mine lasted long.

Comment

I'd keep the hard case to keep extra chains, file, saw wrench, and any other extra stuff. Easier to clean than a soft case. Duct tape will cover holes and soft spots good enough till it completely wears out. Why throw something away that can still be used.

Comment

Keep the hard case...

Comment

Working...
                          X