No announcement yet.

XD Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my XDM. I even like the grip safety. To each his own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had one that failed on me twice from dirt intrusion into the gun.

Luckily I wasn’t in any dire situation but I lost all confidence in it. Never owned another one. My Glocks were subject to the exact same conditions with zero failures.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        After 10s of thousands of rounds fired, and dropping my mags in the sand/dirt/grass thousands of times, and never having a mag issue, I am going to have to say xd/xdm mags are at least as reliable as anything else out there. If they didn't work i wouldn't use them, I have sold guns very quickly if there were issues. In USPSA a gun that works it a necessity and a gun i have to fight with will be gone. That said, i don't say that XDs are the be all end all, but i do have ample proof that they work and work very well
        So 1 in 10 times you drop a mag. Sounds like something besides the gun is the problem.

Comment

XD’s are among a long list of guns that regularly fail during the classes I teach. Not as often as some but definitely more than others. Sorry for the extremely vague answer!

Comment

No issues on my '07 XD 357 SIG to date. If you're selling yours, let me know. Perhaps we can work a win-win deal.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch1886 View Post
              XD’s are among a long list of guns that regularly fail during the classes I teach. Not as often as some but definitely more than others. Sorry for the extremely vague answer!
              I have I am teaching about 50 cadets a year and the police academy for the last 25 years. He finally banned the xD due to malfunctions and required Glock only.

It was maybe one out of 20 guns but about every other class we would have issues with the xD.

I could care less what somebody shoots but I know what I saw and the action we took.

Comment

My XDM is over hear wondering what this word “cleaning” is all about...

Comment

I see that lots of folks bringing up magazine issues which I'm not doubting at all. But it's interesting that my boss lost a fully loaded magazine while out hunting. It was found a year later, it was packed with dirt but had absolutely no rust. I unloaded it, took it apart and cleaned it. It ran flawless. I personally feel that all the guns today are pretty dang good and reliable but a lemon can be had with all. Case in point, out of the very popular Ruger American Rifles, I've experienced misfires with every single rifle I've shot! 6 of them.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I like both of mine. I do have two friends that have them and they can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. They pick up another pistol and they are dead on. They let me shoot their XD right after they shot terribly and I am dead on. It's strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      I like both of mine. I do have two friends that have them and they can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. They pick up another pistol and they are dead on. They let me shoot their XD right after they shot terribly and I am dead on. It's strange.

Majority of that has to do with trigger control. I’ve watched guys with terrible trigger control look like they are shooting a shotgun load out of an XD.

My biggest complaint out of the XD (original line) is how ridiculously sloppy the trigger is. One of the worst triggers I have ever touched. That being said, it was the first pistol I ever carried so I have a small soft spot for it. That’s about it. Have not carried it in over 12 years.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                        I see that lots of folks bringing up magazine issues which I'm not doubting at all. But it's interesting that my boss lost a fully loaded magazine while out hunting. It was found a year later, it was packed with dirt but had absolutely no rust. I unloaded it, took it apart and cleaned it. It ran flawless. I personally feel that all the guns today are pretty dang good and reliable but a lemon can be had with all. Case in point, out of the very popular Ruger American Rifles, I've experienced misfires with every single rifle I've shot! 6 of them.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                        And I agree—I shoot a lot and I see every pistol go down at some time or another, but from what I read on the internet the XD/XDM won’t make it through a mag without a failure, replacing all of the small parts, and a trip back to the factory. Just wondering why it, of all the name brand pistols, gets a bad rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Agreed 100% with all of this, most of those criticisms are silly.

The grip safety is a minor beef for me, it's just redundant but not really a valid criticism.

My only actual gripe is the mag issue, which puts them out of the running for me, maybe they've worked it out on the newer ones, I hope so because other than that the guns shoot great.
                          The trigger safety to me is the silliest thing I've ever heard of.

sure it might stop a accidental discharge if you drop it, but something hits the trigger, there's a good chance it activates the safety also.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                            The trigger safety to me is the silliest thing I've ever heard of.

sure it might stop a accidental discharge if you drop it, but something hits the trigger, there's a good chance it activates the safety also.

Actually the internal safeties are more for the drop protection. Trigger safety forces the person to pull more directly backward instead of from the side or at a weird angle preventing a ND while their finger was on the trigger when it wouldn’t have been.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I must have gotten the golden one. Mine (original full size 45) has a better trigger and outshoots both of my Kimber's every day of the week. It gets shot about once of month and I think I have cleaned it 3 times in the 8 years I have owned it. I don't make a living with a firearm anymore but I have absolute faith in this one.....that being said, it is the only one I have ever owned but it has thousands of rounds through it and has never failed to run 100%. I am about to retire it from EDC when my 43X gets here but I'm just tired of carrying a full size gun and a got a smoking deal on the G-gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I had one that failed on me twice from dirt intrusion into the gun.

Luckily I wasn’t in any dire situation but I lost all confidence in it. Never owned another one. My Glocks were subject to the exact same conditions with zero failures.

x2. Springfield designed the pistol to compete with Glocks. They are not a better Glock. They came up short.

Comment

Working...
                                X