Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a perfectly beautiful 8!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats guys on pigs, yotes, and bucks

Comment

For me this year, no pigs, yotes or deer. Did not want to shoot a doe and saw no pigs or shooter bucks, culls or a trophy while at a stand. I am pretty picky but just no opportunity or had it taken away, that is another story!

Comment

bowtecmike--

That's a good looking buck. Congratulations! Staying after them paid off nicely.

Comment

Rifle kills, so these may not count. Got my son on a dream buck this year. Three days before Keegan shot him, he had 15 or 16 points. I’ll rebuild his tines when we get him back from taxi, but still scored 136 7/8. Should go 150+ Easy with broken times replaced. I’ll try and find and post a picture from a week or 2 before. Beautiful deer that we never had pictures of in daylight last year. I shot mine 10 minutes later out of the same blind. Teeth showed 4.5 on his deer and 3.5 on mine, but I thought mine was 4 and his was 5. Couldn’t be more proud of him.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tkuehn5410; 12-31-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Congrats on some good bucks Tim!

Comment

Going Thursday morning. First older doe I see is going be hamburger!

Comment

I sure would like to be able to do pronghorn hunt through the TPWD lease program. Has anyone there done it?

Comment

Congrats, guys! Great bucks! And all kills count as we know some simply aren't able to, or choose not to get it done with a bow. Heck, my kids aren't even of real bow-age yet, and I don't know or care if they'll ever choose to pick one up.

As for us, after a couple of close calls with bucks, my 11 year old son decided to quit messing around and shot a nice mature doe for his first deer ever. Like my daughter's 3 years ago, this made my season. No shoulder mount obviously, but he gets a nice rug out of the deal and dad does all the work on the first one.

God is good to us everyday, but yesterday was special.

Happy hunting and be safe!

Comment

Congrats to the young men! Both of my kids stacked up doe for years before killing anything with antlers.

Comment

Took my middle and oldest boy up for the last weekend of the general season.
                        Pulled the camera card.
                        Best buck in the pasture broke his left side, 2nd best buck is missing.
                        But, its looking good heading into 2020.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1588.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	24604307

Name:	1366.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	24604298

Name:	3955.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24604299

Name:	7487.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24604301

Name:	5688.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24604300

Glad that tiny deer can hop in the pen, hope it makes thru the winter.

My oldest connected on a nice doe Saturday morning, she tipped the scale at 130 lbs.

Name:	boys.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	24604302

Name:	Boys2.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	24604303

Name:	marbles.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	24604305
                        My hound would like to make it crystal clear who found that doe.

Hope 2020 is good for all.

Name:	SUNSET.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	24604306
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have several prospects for 2020. Couple nice ones have been MIA for several weeks, bet they ventured across river and got nailed.

Comment

Great pics as always, Clark. Congrats to your oldest! (Nice rifles too.)

Comment

Great recap and pics Clark. Took my son and let him shoot one of my does. Ain't nothing safe around that kid and his bow. Was looking to get one with a pistol and a real good 8 came in and ran them all off. He was sure wanting one to stand for him. Also have a bunch of broken racks that will be great next year

pray for rain

Comment

Quality stuff Clark, as always. Congrats all on all of your kills.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X