Best online freight quotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best online freight quotes?

Google has a ton of them, but I am having trouble weeding through what's a good site and what's bs advertising. Anybody have any real world experience with shipping something freight via an online quote? This will be an 800 lb smoker shipping from texas to south Dakota in a crate.

I don't know about actual shipping companies, but my son made a run to St. Louis MO with his roll back. He delivered a Bud Light display. Some of the towing companies haul more than just vehicles. Last week he went to Laredo and picked up some doors and windows and delivered to Ft. Worth.

Comment

Central freight Saia American Freightwwys are all ltl freight companies and are going to be cheaper than an individual hot shot or third party shipper/broke inmost cases. You will probably have to take it to them but there may not be a terminal in Angelo.

Comment

Freightquote.com is a reputable publicly traded company.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
          Freightquote.com is a reputable publicly traded company.
          Awesome, thanks for the info guys. That's what I was using but I was a little skeptical of the quotes. It's saying to ship an 800 lb crate that's 30x30x60 1,000 miles you're looking as low as $180. I told my customer we will go with a middle of the road quote from Saia for $240.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
            Awesome, thanks for the info guys. That's what I was using but I was a little skeptical of the quotes. It's saying to ship an 800 lb crate that's 30x30x60 1,000 miles you're looking as low as $180. I told my customer we will go with a middle of the road quote from Saia for $240.
            Your quotes on there are going to be guys trying to fit another item on their load so yes you can get some good prices if it works out with timing etc...

Comment

Old Dominion Freight Lines has been another one which gives us good rates and excellent service.

Comment

Freightquote.com ++

Comment

Old Dominion

Comment

It's been a while for me but I had my boat delivered from NW Arkansas to Midland back in 2011 or 2012 using uShip.com. You post your pics, similar to an listing Ebay, weight, specs, needs, etc... of what you want shipped and companies bid on it. I had a guy reach out and said he was trying to get started and get reviews and bid it about 1/3 less than the lowest of the other 5 bids I got. Had a great experience

Comment

Working...
                    X