Biggest public land bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tester View Post
    Sure do - good guy. Purchased a PSE from him and actually put hands on one buck he shot that was huge. I didn't know anything about score back then but it was a super deer. Very heavy, long tines, wide - had it all. He had the rack in the shop for a few days and it was impressive!

I bought a 1982 Hoyt Finalist from him. Thought it was the greatest bow in the world ! Haha. Tommy got some huge bucks out of the Davy back in the '70s and '80s. Lot's of rumors going around about him tho. I never knew what to believe. I know GG had to hear them too.

Comment

[QUOTE=luna-tuna;14567642]I bought a 1982 Hoyt Finalist from him. Thought it was the greatest bow in the world ! Haha. Tommy got some huge bucks out of the Davy back in the '70s and '80s. Lot's of rumors going around about him tho. I never knew what to believe. I know GG had to hear them too.[/QUOT

He was a great hunter. Maybe other things too but I don't know that. I heard stories but every great hunter I know has crap spear about them out of jealousy so I don't know if those tales were true. He killed some monsters near boggy slough.

Comment

[quote=GarGuy;14567708]
        Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
        I bought a 1982 Hoyt Finalist from him. Thought it was the greatest bow in the world ! Haha. Tommy got some huge bucks out of the Davy back in the '70s and '80s. Lot's of rumors going around about him tho. I never knew what to believe. I know GG had to hear them too.[/QUOT

He was a great hunter. Maybe other things too but I don't know that. I heard stories but every great hunter I know has crap spear about them out of jealousy so I don't know if those tales were true. He killed some monsters near boggy slough.

Anyone that can find bucks in the slough and successfully hunt them has my respect. I know they’re in there, i just don’t know how people track them down. That place really is like nowhere else I’ve ever hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=HighwayHunter;14567950]
          Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Anyone that can find bucks in the slough and successfully hunt them has my respect. I know they’re in there, i just don’t know how people track them down. That place really is like nowhere else I’ve ever hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Haha not for the average hunter, I will say. But you’re correct sir, they’re in there

Comment

There are a couple of others that get it done in there in every year. They dont post them anymore for some reason.lol

Comment

I have taken and seen a few very large deer on public land through the years. But I've hunted there most of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                I have taken and seen a few very large deer on public land through the years. But I've hunted there most of my life.
                I saw one once that came out the SHNF that was unbelievably big.. HUGE frame. A giant 10 point well over 180". Probably low 90's.... It was a raggedy looking shoulder mount. Very shoddy work..
                It was hanging in a old mans house that lived on Hwy that cut through the forest north of Lake Conroe.. This was back in the early 90's and he had killed it in the early 80's.. A friend took me there to show me this deer. Back before cell phones so no pic.. The old man was kinfolk of his somehow.. He has long been dead now.. I always wonder what became of that set of antlers...
                Last edited by PondPopper; 12-09-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

^^ it's was probably FM1375

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
                    ^^ it's was probably FM1375
                    Yep

Comment

This ones easy, Granger 2007 draw hunt massive typical he was well north of boone and cockett qualifier. Crazy thing was I described the buck to guy that ran the place with Johnny back then (forget his name) and he said that was the second biggest one in there, never saw the other one

Comment

At 1:30 pm in 2004, I killed a Booner on the Tennessee side of Fort Campbell. Gross 178 6/8, net 173 4/8. It is controlled access, but there are no lotteries and civilians hunt it everyday.

Comment

Great buck kry !

Comment

The fact that huge bucks can live in public places and not be seen often is proof that big foot and chupacabras exist.

Comment

Everyone knows there are no deer on public land much less big bucks

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                                Great buck kry !
                                Thank you, sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X