How much would you expect to pay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you expect to pay...

for the following exterior paint job on a house.

Exterior painting of all fascia, soffits, gutters, and doors (including caulking where needed) on a brick home. This is on a 2000 sq ft house with about 500 sq ft extra of porches that need to be painted as well (just the ceiling). Soffits are mostly around 2' wide around the house except porches. All soffits will be sprayed with cleaner to kill all mold, primed, then painted. I am receiving quotes but they are way more than I was thinking originally.
    Last edited by 44mAG; 04-04-2018, 06:53 PM.

approx. $2500

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Horsefly View Post
        approx. $2500
        This

Comment

Thanks guys. Cheapest qoute so far is $3800. I'm SW of Austin however so basically the California of Texas, but still seems high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My house is 1500 sq ft same scenario and I bought the paint and supplies and paid a guy I know 800. So 800 plus material

Comment

Im near 1900 sq ft front half all brick except for sofits, rear all hardi plank. Plus 30x30 garage. I bought paint and paid the remodel guy doing the hardi under the table 600 cash.

Comment

Yeah I had a quote for 2400sqft at $2,600. House has 3 gables and touching up a few soft spots in boards

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Thanks guys. Cheapest qoute so far is $3800. I'm SW of Austin however so basically the California of Texas, but still seems high.

I work for a custom home builder west of Austin and I can tell you that painters are hard to come by right now and they are all sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    I work for a custom home builder west of Austin and I can tell you that painters are hard to come by right now and they are all sky high.

What do you think of the $3800 quote? Stupid high, or reasonable? Said they can start next week.

Comment

If your thinking about giving him the job tell him you got another quote for 2600 but you want him to do the job. Offer him 3000 and see what he says.

Comment

Tell him keep your information and call when he doesn’t have a job. Tell him your in no hurry and you will be checking around.

Comment

What do you think of the $3800 quote? Stupid high, or reasonable? Said they can start next week.

I still think it’s crazy high. But I also think it’s going to be a chore to find someone reputable that will do it for the price others have listed. Big labor shortage in residential construction has pricing soaring for most all trades

Comment

We used 360 painting out of San Antone, the feller that owns it is a deer hunter and good guy. They were not the cheapest, but very highly rated and I have learned my lesson on the cheaper "deals" years ago. They did an excellent job in a timely manner and when they were done there was no mess, or trash laying around.

Comment

I have a large brick home (old family home) and got some quotes last spring to paint the same things you mentioned in your post along with the underside of the front porch and carport. We were amazed at some of the prices!!! Ending up biting the bullet and wrapped that sucker in vinyl siding. That is not cheap by the way but I will never paint again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X