Barbwire Fence Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbwire Fence Repair?

Im needing to repair about 4000ft of fence to get me through five years for an ag exemption. As soon as the ag exemption is in place, I'll move to wildlife so I cant justify the $4/ft to have it dozed and built from new. There are sections of the fence with good wire but in need of new post. Other sections with good post but it needs wire. Does anyone know someone that would do this kind of work in Burleson county? I don't care what it looks like as long as it holds a few cows in. Can pay a very reasonable amount and provide all materials and tools needed. Maybe a college student looking for some summer work? Thanks! 979-two zero four-O635

My neighbor is out of work and I will check with him.

Comment

Repair can get as high as new fence if you are hiring it done. One option might be a hot wire fence.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Repair can get as high as new fence if you are hiring it done. One option might be a hot wire fence.
        Thanks for the idea! What does the cost run? Can it run off battery/ solar or need a meter? Is one strand enough or need more?

Comment

does the fence just need splicing in places?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            What I was thinking. 2 strands 120V if you have it available.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              does the fence just need splicing in places?
              Most of it would need either poles or wire. One or the other.

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              What I was thinking. 2 strands 120V if you have it available.
              I have a powerline on the property. Would just need it dropped down to a meter and box. And the monthly electric bill.

Comment

Solar with battery are all you need for an electric fence.

Free Shipping. Great Low Price. Model DF-SP-LI The Parmak Deluxe Field Solar Pak 6 Fence Charger is a medium-powered, low impedance solar fencer that shocks through wet weeds and brush. With the latest state-of-the-art solar panel, this fence charger has 42% more battery charging power. The Parmak Solar Pak 6 six volt sealed battery will operate for 21 days in total darkness when fully charged. Comes with a built-in performance meter for convenience and charges up to 25 miles of fence. Guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                  Most of it would need either poles or wire. One or the other.

I have a powerline on the property. Would just need it dropped down to a meter and box. And the monthly electric bill.
                  T-Post or Line post? Depending on Location probably be cheaper to do it yourself

Comment

Working...
                  X