No announcement yet.

Pup sharks in the surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fillet mine out just like a black bass. Helps take away the putrid iodine smell in there skin.

Comment

You might wanna check out length limit and daily/possession limits. You may be a little surprised.

Comment

Love it. Caught a few over 3 feet and they do eat great.

Not many know those buggers are hanging around in the swimming depths at the beach!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          You might wanna check out length limit and daily/possession limits. You may be a little surprised.

Not really, 1 per person per day min 24” for blacktips. Those are the only ones we keep and typically the most common. The others are spinners with the occasional bonnethead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What beach have you had luck at? How far out do you typically throw a bait to try and catch one? We're about to go again and this looks fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
              What beach have you had luck at? How far out do you typically throw a bait to try and catch one? We're about to go again and this looks fun.
              Any beach, get to the second sandbar. Shad or finger mullet always seemed to be best. Live shrimp if you want to catch trout and the occasional shark.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                Any beach, get to the second sandbar. Shad or finger mullet always seemed to be best. Live shrimp if you want to catch trout and the occasional shark.

Yup, I prefer a 4-5” finger mullet hooked through the lips on a 3/0 circle hook. Go to 2nd bar and cast as far as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Not really, 1 per person per day min 24” for blacktips. Those are the only ones we keep and typically the most common. The others are spinners with the occasional bonnethead
                  ...and Possession Limit of only 2.

Comment

We are going this weekend to catch them. Cut whiting works best IMO. We catch jacks, trout, and redfish on the cut bait too.

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun. Good luck.

Comment

Cool...Canny. Thanks for sharing and good luck next weekend.

Comment

They are definitely fun to catch. Will have to keep one next time to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                            ...and Possession Limit of only 2.

They normally go on the grill that night. Don’t have to worry about the possession limit very often.

Comment

I hate them too. I wish you could have them all and enjoy them all. I'd for sure give you all of my share.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                Love it. Caught a few over 3 feet and they do eat great.

Not many know those buggers are hanging around in the swimming depths at the beach!
                                Buddy has photos he took from a helicopter @ 500' over Surfside. Most people have no idea there are so many sharks out there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X