X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion – 5 of 7
    "ON THE MOUNTAIN"

(Leviticus 25:1-26:2, Jeremiah 32:6-27, 1 Corinthians 7:21-24)

The robe, the ring and sandals are all outward signs of what a father gives to his firstborn son. Indeed, the House of Judah(Jews), the southern kingdom (consisting of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin and half the tribe of Levi under the leadership of Judah), held the premier or older son's position. They have always been with the Father and stayed faithful to the Torah, His instruction. However, it was the younger son, the House of Israel(Scattered Ones), the northern kingdom (consisting of the ten tribes Reuben, Simeon, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan, Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh), Naphtali, Gad, Asher and half the tribe of Levi under the leadership of Ephraim) that the Lord declared was His firstborn son (1 Chronicles 2:1-2).

1 Chronicles 5:1-2 "Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel - he was indeed the firstborn, but because he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph, the son of Israel, so that the genealogy is not listed according to the birthright; yet Judah prevailed over his brothers, and from him came a ruler, although the birthright was Joseph's."

Jeremiah 31:9 "For I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim [Joseph's son] is My firstborn."

The older son, House of Judah, who had obeyed his father (Torah) all this time showed great contempt at seeing his father's response to the younger son's return (House of Israel) and refused to give the right of return or redemption to his younger brother as written in the Levitical laws. The father pleaded with his older son but his heart had hardened and responded in jealousy declaring to his father,

Luke 15:29-32 "Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends. But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him".

Even though the older son (House of Judah) had stayed in his Father's house(The Land), his heart had become so embittered that it had turned his father's loving instructions into a hard judgmental law. This caused the elder son to decline far more than his younger brother and to spurn the truth, which was to love his brother.

1 John 2:11 "But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes."

To despise or even block a repentant brother from returning under the Right of Redemption is very grievous act. The Gospel we have been given is for the restoration of the whole House of Israel – all twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel.

Matthew 10:6 "But go rather [preach the Gospel] to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matthew 15:24).

John 15:10-12 "If you keep My commandments [instruction], you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X