Serious Question about the Gulf "Dead Zone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Question about the Gulf "Dead Zone"

Hey Guys (and Gals)! In the last couple days I have seen news feeds about the growing northern Gulf "Dead Zone" primarily off the coast of Louisiana and Texas. But, I also see news feeds about great fishing in the same general area's. Anyone know what the real story is here? Much appreciation on real info. Thanks!

I've always wondered that as well.

Comment

It's a prediction

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
        I've always wondered that as well.
        Hopefully someone on here can enlighten us.

Comment

I have to think about the predictions of the Valdez wreck and the Deep Water Horizion spill. These two disasters bounced back a whole lot quicker that the so call experts ever thought.

Comment

I would think with ocean currents mixing it won't be an issue....

Comment

So why all the squack on the news.... Trust me...I don't trust the news, but I would love to hear some first hand takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstand View Post
                So why all the squack on the news.... Trust me...I don't trust the news, but I would love to hear some first hand takes.
                Really you don’t know? All this extreme rain over the spring , record flooding per se’, all the influx of freshwater into salts gonna kill everything. Create a story, cause panic, then preach the cause? Called climated change/ global warming. This **** has been happening naturally for centuries

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstand View Post
                  Slow news week.

I have been seeing a lot of fishing reports from Venice, and the Chandelier Islands. Doesn't seem to be a dead zone there to me.

I will have more of a fishing report on Saturday from CI when my buddy gets back.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Really you don’t know? All this extreme rain over the spring , record flooding per se’, all the influx of freshwater into salts gonna kill everything. Create a story, cause panic, then preach the cause? Called climated change/ global warming. This **** has been happening naturally for centuries
                    Pollution on today's scale, no. Or do you honestly believe all the s&^t we pump into the oceans doesn't have any cause and effect?
                    I'm sure if you had told all the farmers in 1925, "hey guys, if you all till the land, and grow a ton of wheat, you will destroy 100 million of acres. You will ruin the land so bad you will have to move, because you will no longer be able to live here", they would have laughed in your face".

But to try and stand up for the natural world, or protect it, is always an agenda fueled idea

The whole world is in collusion against American conservatives it seems. Even NOAA. Them shady bastages.
                    It seems conservative are the worlds last chance at survival.
                    Narcissistic much?

What should they say? Hey guys, pump the oceans full, it will come back one day .

Science gains knowledge faster than man gains wisdom.
                    That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Pollution on today's scale, no. Or do you honestly believe all the s&^t we pump into the oceans doesn't have any cause and effect?
                      I'm sure if you had told all the farmers in 1925, "hey guys, if you all till the land, and grow a ton of wheat, you will destroy 100 million of acres. You will ruin the land so bad you will have to move, because you will no longer be able to live here", they would have laughed in your face".

But to try and stand up for the natural world, or protect it, is always an agenda fueled idea

The whole world is in collusion against American conservatives it seems. Even NOAA. Them shady bastages.
                      Narcissistic much?

What should they say? Hey guys, pump the oceans full, it will come back one day .

That's a fact.

Comment

guess I missed the reports!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Narcissistic much?

That's a fact.
                          And that same land today is back producing. Agriculture learned and developed new practices. I don’t disagree that plastic bottles and pollution doesn’t have an effect but it **** sure isn’t the end all that’s claimed. That’s been proven time and time and time again. You folks take the extreme and try to make it the norm. Bottom line industrial pollution was way worse 50,75, 100 yrs ago.
                          Last edited by BrandonA; 06-11-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Seems they have spelled it out pretty good.

Comment

I work offshore servicing GOM rigs approx 65 to 80 miles southeast of Port Fourchon, La. No dead zone here. Tuna are running, plenty of Dorado (Mahi Mahi), always see barracuda, blue runners, bait fish jumping all around. I'de say the Gulf is doing just fine. At least where I'm at.

Comment

Working...
                              X