Questioning my faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
    Are you questioning your faith or your belief in God?
    Having been filled with the Holy Spirit it is impossible for me to question God's reality, but I can question my level of faith especially when times are a little trying.
    The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak.
    Many who believed did not see those things come to fruition in those verses about faith and so it is today. There is nothing new under the sun.
    ......Lord I pray your Holy Spirit and the joy of the Lord over this young man today that he will begin to see again and to hear again in the name of Jesus. Amen
    Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Easier just to keep your head down and move forward.

You either have the Faith or you don't. If you start thinking about the Bible logically, you will not like the outcome. Neither will your Family.
    Pretty much agree on both accounts. You know the old saying....I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is.

Comment

prayers for guidance

Comment

Go talk to your pastor, bring your list of questions you have. I bet after talking with him, you will figure out where to look to get your questions answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
          I've always went to church and had faith in God but recently I have begun questioning my beliefs. I feel terrible but I can't help it. Some things in the Bible just do not add up. Im not the type of person to talk to family or friends about this kind of stuff and I wouldn't dare tell my wife or kids I'm having trouble. I wouldn't want them to worry about me. Has anyone went through what I'm going through ? I
          All these guys telling you how to dive right back into it. I'll just be a voice of reason from the other side and let you know it's ok. No matter what happens, despite being scared of being struck down from the guy above, you will be fine.
          And if you dive into it, start doing your own thinking, your own research, your own digging, etc.... you may come out on the other end either with stronger faith/belief, or the realization you no longer have that faith/belief.

Without being too one sided either way, I just thought I'd encourage you to continue thinking outside the box, it may lead you to a happier place.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            I have before. My issue was always that I am a very logical person and it was hard for me to see the logic in it. I did a little researching and was able to find the logic to go with the faith.
            It sounds to me that you haven’t lost your faith or you wouldn’t feel terrible about. Try doing some independent research to prove it wrong. If you can’t then that feeling you have is faith.
            This right here. There's a reason God says my thoughts are higher than your thoughts, and my ways are higher than your ways. There's just certain things that are too much for us and make us struggle with our faith. Ignoring the things we have trouble with isnt an answer, but seeking God and working out those questions and reach a better understanding.

Comment

faith is the hardest thing you will ever deal with in my opinion. the easiest way to go through life is to not have faith. Faith is what drives you and it's what also makes you question things and i think that is healthy. If FAITH were easy everyone would have it.

it's like I tell my boys on the football team "you know why all your friends aren't out here playing this game, because they can't handle it. It takes a special person to do it."

Everyone has the opportunity to participate but some choose not to.

Comment

When you accepted Christ as your personal Savior, you began a new life and a new journey. The road is a long and winding road with bumps, curves, potholes and all manner of distractions and dangers. When you turned onto that road, you also picked up someone who is determined to make you stumble. Satan's #1 goal is to steal you soul away from God. If he can make you as a child of God stumble and turn away, he is very happy... Satan is a powerful rival and must be fought at every turn. You keep your eyes on God, and Satan can't touch you. These doubts are something Satan will use to tempt you. Just as Jesus was tempted in the dessert, He used Scripture to shoot down Satan's attempts. You can do the same. Some have posted that you just keep your head down and trudge on... NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that! That is JUST what Satan wants you to do... He doesn't want you to fess up to doubts, but only to stew on 'em and thus make them grow stronger! God tells us in His Word that the more we read and study His Word, the more He can reveal to us through The Word. THIS is how you grow your faith and strengthen yourself to do battle with Satan, NOT by ignoring it and just move on!! Today, we have so, so many resources to study God's Word. The most important thing for you to do is just as you have done by posting is to confess that you have a problem. Once it is out in front of you, you can address it. Some are gifted with discernment, and can read, study and work through difficult issues, while others are not gifted in that way. That's what is so beautiful about God's Word, He encourages us to read AND HEAR His Word. That means to go to others to help you understand and help you discern what His Word is saying to you. You are on the right track. Do NOT shrink back from it. Take it head on. If you do not have a Spiritual mentor/adviser in your church that you can sit down and talk to or a friend that you can share your feelings and doubts with, you can find resources on line or even look around for another church. Heck, post it up here! There are some truly gifted men and women on here that may be able to help guide you through some tough spots. If you are not in a Bible-teaching, Bible-preaching church, go find one.

Lord I ask You to continue to ***** this man's heart and bring him closer to You. Give him direction and discernment, and give his feet and heart action to move on what You are trying to show him. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Comment

nothing wrong with asking questions....I was 30 when i was baptized into the Catholic Church (had to cause I was fixin' to marry a Catholic girl with a family that was strongly faithful)...I flew through the classes cause I was ate up about learning something I had no idea about...helped me become stronger in my beliefs and my faith...

Comment

I’ve been there, but then I had some very difficult times come up to where I had no where else to turn and I saw God deliver me from those situations.

What your going through is just part of spiritual maturity. Get still and pray. Then ask God for wisdom and clarity on what he’s trying to really tell you right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What can’t you rectify? Not asking this in a challenging manner, I’m inquisitive. To me, this is a weakness of the church, they shy away from the hard questions

Comment

Every great man in the Scripture had doubts, Abraham, Moses, Gideon, Noah, Jonah, all of the disciples...you and I are no different. We all struggle with unbelief, lack of faith, that is what tempers our resolve, belief and faith. Just remember, it doesnt take much faith, Jesus gave an example of the strength of faith. He said to have faith the size of a grain of a mustard seed. You have that much faith, we all do.

Comment

We have had some hardships to test our faith and I'm not sure my wife will ever go to church again but all you can do is have Faith and believe there is a God and there will be an answer for the hard questions.
                          Last edited by TENRMORE; 06-21-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Please look at some of Steven Furtick videos on youtube.

Comment

Yes, I started going through this in my 30's, actually probably my 20's. It lead to where I am today, and have been for a long time. I don't believe any particular religion is more right/wrong than the other. I DO believe there is a supreme being and an after-life and that our actions on Earth affects our after-life. I guess you could refer to me as agnostic. I don't believe that geographics should dictate what's right/wrong and if you should go to heaven or not. In other words, if we were a bunch of bowhunters from China having this discussion, we would more than likely be talking about buddhism. The bible IS a good book with hundreds of good messages, but to try to take everything from it literally is frustrating for some people. I'm one of them.

Comment

I've been there. All through my 20's lol.
                                No longer believe in any religion, or supernatural being.

Comment

Working...
                                X