Need some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some feedback

I'm a shameless CZ fan. I've owned several and sold several. I liked them all. I have been looking at the following rifle for a long time. This is the cheapeast I've found it. Though the wood stocks look good, this Manners stock is pillared and weather resistant.

My only hang up is that the barrel is 20.5" instead of a normal 22" or 24". I'd likely use this gun for western hunting. I have 6.5 CM for TX.

Is the barrel length a deal killer?

[ATTACH]951415[/ATTACH]

Pretty short for a 30-06 but that’s a smoking deal with a manners stock.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Pretty short for a 30-06 but that’s a smoking deal with a manners stock.
      You're not helping, haha. I suppose I could always rebarrel it down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        You're not helping, haha. I suppose I could always rebarrel it down the road.
        I was gonna say that

It’s a waste in 30-06. What else do they have?

Comment

^^^ discontinued. They did 270 and 6.5x55 in Manners also...both with 20.5" barrels.

I read where 30-06 loses 15fps per inch and 270 is 30-35fps per inch. I've never chonographed it.

Comment

^^^ discontinued. They did 270 and 6.5x55 in Manners also...both with 20.5" barrels.

I read where 30-06 loses 15fps per inch and 270 is 30-35fps per inch. I've never chonographed it.
            That 6.5x55!! I say buy it. If it’s not what you like then pull the barrel and roll a 280 AI barrel!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              That 6.5x55!! I say buy it. If it’s not what you like then pull the barrel and roll a 280 AI barrel!!
              Only 30-06 left, but I did want the 6.5x55 at one time. 280 AI would be sweet

Comment

Only 30-06 left
                You seen starsky and hutch? Doooooo iiiiiiiit

Comment

Even if it does lose 15fps per inch, what is 30fps???

Comment

Looks to be a small profile barrel, so while you might loose a little MV in the shorter barrel you will likely gain some stiffness - which might translate into better groups. Better accuracy trumps velocity in my book.

Comment

**** good deal with that stock. Like Trophy8 said buy it and try it. Worst case scenario pull the barrel, and drop a proper barrel on it.

Comment

Morning bump

Comment

Fuddy ought six would be my only hesitation. The worries about shorter barrels are mostly a myth beyond the velocity loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                            Fuddy ought six would be my only hesitation. The worries about shorter barrels are mostly a myth beyond the velocity loss.
                            Velocity was the main concern. Excessive muzzle blast could be a concern.

Comment

Did you buy the **** thing yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X