X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming together, and looking good

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
      Why not put the top plate on while laying out/building the wall on the floor? I’m no framers, that’s the way I was taught to do it. Just curious.
      Shouldn't. Top plates need to overlap where walls intersect. Better stability.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
        Why not put the top plate on while laying out/building the wall on the floor? I’m no framers, that’s the way I was taught to do it. Just curious.
        This image shows it well. Lapped joint description
        Attached Files

Comment

It's not gonna be your house, so do it the quick and easy way. Lol, I know that's not what Scott was implying, but it was fun to say. Looking good Jason. I'm no carpenter, but give a holler if your BIL strands you when you need help. Hoping things are good with your wife!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI it would save you time and effort if you put your double top plates on while the walls are on the ground. It makes it easier and safer to raise the walls and join them. Just have to allow for over lap and cut back at Tees and Corners. Obviously your way worked and I don't want to step on your toes just thought I'd suggest it help you out in the future.

Hope all goes well with your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Shouldn't. Top plates need to overlap where walls intersect. Better stability.
              this.

Comment

Everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm sure I will do a few more things that others will disagree with.

Ran out of material for top plate. Just shy 2 boards to complete. Came over for a couple hours this evening and finished all but 1 kids room. Goal by Friday is to have all OSB up on the walls and ceiling joist here ready to be put up next wknd. So far I'm happy with the timing of everything.

Good news was the wife was feeling a little better today! Hope it continues!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Mad skills dude!

Comment

Looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good man. I wasn’t saying your were doing it wrong. I was just lending my advice coming from about 17 years of framing walls. Take it or leave I was just throwing it out there.

Comment

looks good so far man !!!

Comment

How’s it coming looking forward to an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcm View Post
                            How’s it coming looking forward to an update.
                            Didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Finished all Top Plate and layed out some OSB for today. Putting it up this evening.

Comment

Will you do your plumbing after the roof and walls are up? I don't know anything about building. so bare with the stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                                Will you do your plumbing after the roof and walls are up? I don't know anything about building. so bare with the stupid questions.
                                Yes once it is completely dried in. Very easy especially with 4' of clearance underneath the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X