Moving a blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving a blind.

So I want to move my rifle blind which is a overly built 4X6 with a a 3ft stand to the other end of my sendero. Problem is the blind is bigger than my truck. I don’t have access to a trailer and laying it down will cause damage. I was thinking of maybe putting the blind on a pallet and pulling it. I usually go to the lease with my brother and my 13yo son so man power is limited. What have y’all done before or what ideas do y’all got?

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
    So I want to move my rifle blind which is a overly built 4X6 with a a 3ft stand to the other end of my sendero. Problem is the blind is bigger than my truck. I don’t have access to a trailer and laying it down will cause damage. I was thinking of maybe putting the blind on a pallet and pulling it. I usually go to the lease with my brother and my 13yo son so man power is limited. What have y’all done before or what ideas do y’all got?

Heavy duty ratchet straps on hay forks?

I moved a few with a large John deer and just ran the forks through them and rolled out.

It worked out really well for taking them to the burn pile. I would imagine sliding the forks underneath the base and strapping them down would be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3/4" plywood skid. Screw a 2x4 to one end sandwiching a nylon strap to to it with. Secure stand base to plywood & drive slow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I took two 2" x 8" x8' boards and beveled off one end of each. Added two 2" x 6" and crossed them in front and back of my blind. Lifted each side and sat on 2" x 8" boards. Placed the cross brasses and screwed everything down. Pulled with a tow strap from the cross board.

Comment

Buy a trailer and be done

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Heavy duty ratchet straps on hay forks?

I moved a few with a large John deer and just ran the forks through them and rolled out.

It worked out really well for taking them to the burn pile. I would imagine sliding the forks underneath the base and strapping them down would be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That's one way...[emoji16]

But if hes got no trailer I doubt a tractor and FEL is in the stable

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We had to move some stuff off our last lease but when we got there the main road was washed out so we couldn't get the truck or trailer past the gate. When it came time to move a box blind we strapped some panels from a feeder pen together, ratcheted the blind to it, and pulled it with the Ranger.

Skids may be your best bet.

Comment

When you moving the blind? I have a 6x10 trailer.

Comment

Rent a trailer. Less costly than a busted up blind.

Comment

Believe it or not I moved my 4x6 to the lease by myself...Let me know when your going I'll help you out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=MasterOfNothing;14211499]Believe it or not I moved my 4x6 to the lease by myself...Let me know when your going I'll help you out.[

I might try and lay it down on my truck next time, I have a GMC Canyon it’s not a big truck but I only need to move it a 100yds or so...

Comment

We can use my truck if you need to. Like I said let me know if you need help bud

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          We had to move some stuff off our last lease but when we got there the main road was washed out so we couldn't get the truck or trailer past the gate. When it came time to move a box blind we strapped some panels from a feeder pen together, ratcheted the blind to it, and pulled it with the Ranger.

Skids may be your best bet.
                          I've dragged a few things around leases and this works well if truck & trailer space is limited. Hog or cattle panels pull very easily over almost all terrain.

Comment

Where you at in S. Tx? I have two trailers in two locations you can barrow this week if you need it. Got one in Banquete and one near Hebbronville? I moved one without a trailer before and getting it to tilt over on to the truck was the hardest part.

Comment

Make friends with a guy with a trailer.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X