any bee/honey guys on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any bee/honey guys on here

looking into getting some bees to collect honey for personal use and to sell at my shop. Already sell a line of honey from the valley. how much money and how hard is it to get started ? have to have a license etc ?

I'll be getting my first hive and bees in the new few weeks. I have taken a few classes and read some books. It doesnt take much to get started...No liscense is required. I'll be doing it more for a hobby than an income but i imagine if i get multiple hives then i will look to make some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
      looking into getting some bees to collect honey for personal use and to sell at my shop. Already sell a line of honey from the valley. how much money and how hard is it to get started ? have to have a license etc ?

Biggest issue is keeping the bees alive around row crops. You should plan on keeping your hives away from cotton and sorghum fields if possible. I think I have some apiary books floating around my collection. If I can find them, you’re more than welcome to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine has 180 boxes on his place. He allows a bee man to put them there and he gets paid in honey. It is very good too. PM me and I can get you in touch with him if you would like.

Comment

I’ve been keeping bees for 30 + years, It’s what I do for a living. You can pm me and we can talk about it, do it you will love it or hate it, I love it

Comment

Originally posted by Beeman View Post
            I’ve been keeping bees for 30 + years, It’s what I do for a living. You can pm me and we can talk about it, do it you will love it or hate it, I love it

Sweet. I will message you later. Thank you !

Comment

Thanks guys. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I want to get my son involved who is almost 7. Money will go towards his college fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                Thanks guys. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I want to get my son involved who is almost 7. Money will go towards his college fund.

The only way to end up with a small fortune keeping bees is to start out with a large fortune....

I do it as a hobby and have enough hives to make it almost a second full time job. If I tried to break down into hourly pay Id be in the red....

If you ever have any questions pm me as well Id be glad to help.
                Last edited by MASTERS; 05-02-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I'm looking for someone to put some on my place in Tomball if anyone wants to try it.

Comment

I’m a bee guy. No honey yet, though. Started last summer. Hope to b able to harvest some honey later in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                      A friend of mine has 180 boxes on his place. He allows a bee man to put them there and he gets paid in honey. It is very good too. PM me and I can get you in touch with him if you would like.

I’d like to do this on my place in North Texas is anyone knows who might do this west of DFW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My dad has been doing bees forever. Just throwing this out for you guys new to bees guys in local area. He goes to a bee club in Brenham that you might check out. We got a little swarm just last week off a fence post. He helps out a lot of folks.

Comment

I LOVE honey, does that count?

My son is starting a beehive as we speak.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the is a bee group in C.C. might check in there and go to a few meetings.
                            I know the one by my dad was real helpful, and it's good to have someone local that can help out as well as guys from here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

there is a club that meets in Denton and one that meets in Bridgeport. We are just starting out with it also.

Comment

Working...
                              X