Powerstroke intercooler pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine hasn’t failed yet but with 135K miles and frequent long heavy pulls it likely won’t be long so...

Which after market pipe should I go with?

I replaced mine with OEM parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
      I replaced mine with OEM parts...

Hot side and cold or just one side?

Comment

I replaced mine with an aluminum one from amazon. Worst part was getting the clamp on the bottom part of the hose.

Comment

Find the Intercoolers, intercooler pipes, parts, and accessories you need to maintain your 2011-2016 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke at XDP! Shop today and save!

I went with the XDP- but the H & S silicone looks interesting for the price.

Whichever you choose make sure to pay attention to the "requires tuning" vs "OEM replacement" models and purchase accordingly.

Comment

I don’t have any advice for you Brent but I’m wondering why someone would replace an OEM part that is known to fail with another OEM part that is known to fail.

You might send the guys with rolling smoke diesel a message and see what they recommend. They are one of the large sponsors on the Cummins diesel forum but I can’t imagine they would not be on the power stroke forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ford just had a price increase on these things. Waiting on a fresh shipment to see if anything has changed.

Comment

Mine blew two weeks ago. I have 133k on mine. Talked with the Ford guys, they claimed the new part is all new material and will hold up much better than the old, so I just went ahead and did it.

However, the only thing that failed on mine was the pressed band clamp stretched enough for it to slip off. So I could have fixed it with a hose clamp, but just got the new part to do it right. I figure the next time it will go bad is 260k miles, and there is a good chance I won't own it then.

Comment

I'm assuming this is on the 6.7? I tow heavy and tow quite often and am at 70K miles and now you guy's have me worried. I'll be towing a heavy load to CO for a elk hunt this year and will be traveling to Montana this summer. Should I be concerned enough to replace the part?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    I'm assuming this is on the 6.7? I tow heavy and tow quite often and am at 70K miles and now you guy's have me worried. I'll be towing a heavy load to CO for a elk hunt this year and will be traveling to Montana this summer. Should I be concerned enough to replace the part?
                    If you tow a lot, it wouldn't hurt to have a spare with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

It’s a common enough problem that I choose to change mine at home on my time instead of on side of the road at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I don’t have any advice for you Brent but I’m wondering why someone would replace an OEM part that is known to fail with another OEM part that is known to fail.

You might send the guys with rolling smoke diesel a message and see what they recommend. They are one of the large sponsors on the Cummins diesel forum but I can’t imagine they would not be on the power stroke forum as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. I won’t be going OEM but the aftermarket ones vary in price considerably so trying to make sure I get the best bang for my buck.

Comment

Y’all talking about the boots or the actual pipe ??

Comment

Rudy's diesel has aluminum ones...got a package deal on mine..hot, cold and intake elbow for I wanna say around $400 ish

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                              Y’all talking about the boots or the actual pipe ??

Both

Comment

Working...
                              X