Let’s talk windows and door for my fab shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s talk windows and door for my fab shop

Ok, I’m in the middle of framing my shop it’s 45ft x 45ft. I’m wanting to put in 3 big windows and one 3-0 metal entry door. I’m north of Houston. Any recommendations on the windows? The building will not be air conditioned so they do not have to be energy efficient but I want them to be tuff. They will be opened daily in the summer for ventilation. I was looking at SSS steels metal doors so might go with them in that.

Will be building two sets of sliding barn style doors for the front and back. So I have the big doors covered.

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    Ok, I’m in the middle of framing my shop it’s 45ft x 45ft. I’m wanting to put in 3 big windows and one 3-0 metal entry door. I’m north of Houston. Any recommendations on the windows? The building will not be air conditioned so they do not have to be energy efficient but I want them to be tuff. They will be opened daily in the summer for ventilation. I was looking at SSS steels metal doors so might go with them in that.

Will be building two sets of sliding barn style doors for the front and back. So I have the big doors covered.
    These are the standard up here in the Midwest. All of our 3'-0x7-'0 walk doors and all our windows are Plyco.

For over 50 years, Plyco Corporation has been a leading supplier of products to the post-frame, metal clad building and commercial construction industries.

Comment

Big doors on both ends, open and closable ridge vents with a big arse ceiling fan(s). Forget the windows. They take up too much wall space.

Comment

I use low E PlyGem vinyl windows.

They are 16 weeks out on new orders at the moment.

Great prices and no issues.

Comment

When I was thinking of changing my doors in the barn, I could find this awesome resource ( right here: https://www.modernman.com/types-of-sliding-doors/ ), with explanation of all the types of sliding doors, with some other links, that are leading to useful explanations, how to maintain such sliding doors, and what exact type of them you need to install at your barn or maybe house. For me - there was nothing better than sliding type.

Comment

Working...
          X