Vacuum Sealer Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Sealer Bags

What premade bags are yall using for 1 pound ground meat? I have always just used rolls and made my own bags. But it becomes a PITA to sit there and make that many bags. I'm seeing some on Amazon that seem reasonable for 200 bags for around $25. Just wanting some input on which hold up better or hold a seal longer.

I quit vacuum sealing my ground meat, too much work. I use the tube bags and a sausage stuffer. Use a bag neck sealer and I can crank out some ground meat.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I quit vacuum sealing my ground meat, too much work. I use the tube bags and a sausage stuffer. Use a bag neck sealer and I can crank out some ground meat.
      X2. Tubes and a tape machine are the way to go with ground.

For everything else, I use the FoodSaver brand rolls and just wait for it to go on sale and buy it in bulk. The cheap off brand bags don't seal well (even after being double sealed) and aren't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
        What premade bags are yall using for 1 pound ground meat? I have always just used rolls and made my own bags. But it becomes a PITA to sit there and make that many bags. I'm seeing some on Amazon that seem reasonable for 200 bags for around $25. Just wanting some input on which hold up better or hold a seal longer.
        I use foodsaver or ziplock brand with good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
          X2. Tubes and a tape machine are the way to go with ground.

For everything else, I use the FoodSaver brand rolls and just wait for it to go on sale and buy it in bulk. The cheap off brand bags don't seal well (even after being double sealed) and aren't worth it.
          Yes, the cheap bags on Amazon are terrible. They seal up but when you pull them out of the freezer later on they are no longer airtight.

Comment

X3 on the tubes and tape for ground, breakfast sausage, etc. I vacuum seal ring sausage (quart) and grind meat (gallon) in these bags, Gallon Quart

Comment

I've used the stuffing bags before too, but I can get it stored easier in the freezer by rolling the meat flat in vs bags and stacking them up.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

This is what we started doing this year. But use hog rings. Guess we need to look into the sealer. And still make our own bags for backstrap/tenderloin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                  This is what we started doing this year. But use hog rings. Guess we need to look into the sealer. And still make our own bags for backstrap/tenderloin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  It’s like $30. It tapes them up and cuts the excess in one swipe. Real handy.

Comment

I tried some off brand from Amazon and they were trash. Wouldn't seal well at all. I then tried vacmaster bags. They have been just as good as foodsaver but are a whole lot less expensive.

Comment

I've used these and never had an issue https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for ground, I am with the other guys on the bag and tape "machine".

Comment

Vacuum Sealer Bags

I bought some pint sized pre made bags on eBay.

I vacuum seal them because they are easier to stack when flat than round plus no freezer burn. I’ve had some of the stuffed ones get freezer burn.

When sealing a lot of meat and having to seal both ends of the bags my seal strip will overheat and shut down for 5 minutes or so. I rarely overheat it using the pre made bags because you are only using the seal strip half as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ive had good luck with the off brand premade bags from amazon. It's a little more work than tubes but I like how they stack in the freezer and defrost quickly when you pull a package out last minute.

Comment

We us the “LEM” wild game bags & tape machine. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Dad View Post
                              We us the “LEM” wild game bags & tape machine. Works great!
                              For those using the game bags and tape machine, how long will the meat stay "good" in the freezer? Just as long as a well sealed vacuumed bag?

Comment

Working...
                              X