New Rifle - Bergara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rifle - Bergara

Well Basspro put some of their Bergara rifles on sale last month. I picked up a Bergara LRP for $750. I wasn’t a huge fan of the XLR Gen1 chassis. So I swapped it over to a Grayboe Ridgeback Stock. Plan is to be able to shoot PRS competitions with the added weight and then strip it down come hunting season.

Parts:
    Grayboe Ridgeback Stock
    Timney Trigger
    Area 419 Weighted Arca Rail
    MDT mlok Weight
    Seekins Precision Rings
    Athlon Ares ETR mil reticle
    Bergara Premier Action
    Bergara 24” 6.5cm barrel
    Atlas PRS Bipod

Still to come:
    Area 419 Hellfire Brake
    Wiebad Cheek Rest Cover

Target came from factory with rifle. Hoping to get similar results once I have time to go to range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They shoot great.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      They shoot great.

Yes they do. This is an upgrade from the HMR I had. I’m glad to be stepping into the premier action.

Comment

Man that’s awesome! I was looking for one of those when they went on sale but couldn’t get my hands on one. I’d definitely be interested to hear what you think after running it through a match or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
          Man that’s awesome! I was looking for one of those when they went on sale but couldn’t get my hands on one. I’d definitely be interested to hear what you think after running it through a match or two.

I got very lucky. I called Katy basspro and they told me they had one. I drove over and it ended up being the elite version ($1500) on sale and my dad got it. But the store did a store locator and I found this one in California. The store was closed due to COVID and I ended up emailing the store manager and he went up to the store and saved it to ship until they were open again. Ended up being the last one in any bass pro.

I’m excited to get to a match, but may be January before I get to go again, but should have enough practice in by then to feel comfortable with the stock.

Comment

Still got that HMR...? does it need a new home.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
              Still got that HMR...? does it need a new home.

Sending PM

Comment

Finally had the time to get out and shoot the rifle.

After 4 shots to sight in. I had a 5shot group of .38MOA with 140grain Hornady Black

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together. I love that Ridgeback stock !!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                    I love it when a plan comes together. I love that Ridgeback stock !!

It is awesome! I planned for it to be a PRS rifle but be able to hunt with it as well. With the mlok I’m able to add about 4lbs of extra weight for competitions and remove it for hunting.

Comment

My brother has the 308 and 6.5CM, they are very accurate!
                      Last edited by Hogwild84; 10-27-2020, 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I have on in 7-08 and it shoots really well. They are great rifles for the money. I like that Grayboe stock you put on it as well. Looks pretty slick.

Comment

Cousin bought what I would call a “rack grade” Bergara in 6.5 man bun. We were able to boresight it at 200 and fired a couple rounds to get it dialed in with a Vortex Diamondback, within about 20 rounds, we were hitting 3 moa steel at 700 yards and could all day had we had the ammo. I was very impressed.

Comment

You bought an LRP for $750?!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              You bought an LRP for $750?!

Yup. Bass Pro ran them on sell for half price back in July. I got the LRP for 750. My dad got the LRP Elite for 1200.

Comment

Working...
                              X