2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    My understanding is that there have been some good catches up and down the intracoastal and in the rivers. Fish linger in the deeper water for a while after a freeze. I've also heard that the usual suspects went to snagging fish in the Port Mansfield Harbor as soon as TP&W lifted restrictions.
    Trout move up the rivers once it cools off. That’s where I fish in the winter, diversion and Colorado. We also have a place on the San Bernard, so I’ll kick the lights on there when the boats show up. That’s when I know the fishing is good in the river, I see all the boat trailers on my way home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      I heard so much talk from fisherman and guides both that asked people to respect the resource and stay off the water for a few weeks until TP&W had a chance to assess the damage and the fish have a chance to get back in their normal patterns. That didn't last long.
      You never heard that from me.

You know good and well many of the virtue signalers will be back to keeping fish before the flip flops even come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
        Prob not going to be worth going for a few years guys, especially to East Matagorda. Y'all should take up golfing or something.
        this..

I recommended lake amistad, toledo bend, rayburn, oh ivie and texana

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          this..

I recommended lake amistad, toledo bend, rayburn, oh ivie and texana

Add livingston to that list. Lots and lots of fish on there that bite willingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post

You know good and well many of the virtue signalers will be back to keeping fish before the flip flops even come out.
            They all talk that talk until that house note hits, that new sled bill comes in and that lifted F250 banker makes a call holding that note.

I know one who has already folded and running trips hard.

Comment

Leemo sorry about the BIL fish farm. Others thanks for the updated reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have heard a grim report about east matty and the diversion.

Seems now that we are 10 days out they are starting to float.

I am still hoping for the best, but it’s not looking too good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I have heard a grim report about east matty and the diversion.

Seems now that we are 10 days out they are starting to float.

I am still hoping for the best, but it’s not looking too good so far.

What’s the word? Gonna have to start surf fishing or fishing for hardheads. Seems there’s no dead hard heads anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    What’s the word? Gonna have to start surf fishing or fishing for hardheads. Seems there’s no dead hard heads anywhere.

A nuclear attack couldn’t kill those **** things.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Add livingston to that list. Lots and lots of fish on there that bite willingly.
                      Yeah go Livingston it's awesome

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So is this going to turn into the......if I don’t kill him the neighbor will kinda thing? I speaking towards the guides.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post

LMAO. Glenn I almost made a statement in my comment that it did not include you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            They all talk that talk until that house note hits, that new sled bill comes in and that lifted F250 banker makes a call holding that note.

I know one who has already folded and running trips hard.
                            I bet I know exactly who you are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              So is this going to turn into the......if I don’t kill him the neighbor will kinda thing? I speaking towards the guides.

I don't think so at all. Far from it.

Some are already coming out and saying they are gonna go on business as usual and that they are gonna get theirs. But most of the guys I know who are well established and realistic about things are actually looking forward to more catch and release, keep what you need for a meal and release the rest, fewer dead pile pics, etc. And if the trout numbers end up weak most of us will be putting more pressure on other species when possible. We really aren't buffalo hunters. Most of us want more catch and release anyway. It's been long overdue. But it is hard to change the mindset in the general public down at the level of the twice a year anglers. Maybe this will make more people aware and receptive to it.
                              Last edited by Capt Glenn; 02-24-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

This #emptystringer BS is absolutely ridiculous.

And that knot head who ownes Kelly Wigglers pushing it hard... last time I bought a KW lure I was throwing a Zebco 202 wearing parachute pants and Kangaroo shoes.

Like he's relative or something... didn't even know they still existed. What's he doing selling everything he makes to his brother in law or something?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X