X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another, “Recommend a Scope” Thread...

Just ordered a Bergara 300 Win Mag, simply because [emoji41]

What’s a solid, mid-level scope? Something around $750-$1K

I will NOT be shooting long range. 50-150 yard shots at the lease. Ideally, if I ever get drawn to hunt Elk out of state, this will be the combo that goes with me, so maybe 400 MAX?

I’m thinking something around 4-16 power. I don’t think I’d be a fan of exposed turrets that don’t “lock”, as I don’t want anything getting accidentally bumped around.

I grew up with Leupold’s, and still own a few, but besides advertising and marketing on TV or magazines, I don’t have any real world experience with these other brands

And, I should be fine with SFP, and I don’t want a bunch of unnecessary stuff in the reticle... More less point and shoot

Right now, looking at. Leupold VX-5 model

Any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stay with Leupold. Find you an old NIB VXIII somewhere. 12x should be plenty or even 4.5x14x

Comment

I would recommend the VX5HD 3x15. That is probably my favorite scope in that price range. Get the one with the illuminated firedot. They are awesome for low light conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampasas View Post
        I would recommend the VX5HD 3x15. That is probably my favorite scope in that price range. Get the one with the illuminated firedot. They are awesome for low light conditions.
        Nailed it. But I would get the windplex reticle or plane old duplex reticle.

If want to play with long distance stuff later get the CDs dial model if not get regular model and be done.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          Nailed it. But I would get the windplex reticle or plane old duplex reticle.

If want to play with long distance stuff later get the CDs dial model if not get regular model and be done.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
          I think all of the VX5HD 3-15 are CDS and yes they are zero lock. I’m a big fan of the firedot reticle personally.
          Attached Files

Comment

Vortex LHT for that price

Comment

Vx5hd and don’t look back

Comment

I’d look at the vx3hd or even a vx3i if you can still find one. Save a little money and weight over the vx5 since it has some features you don’t need anyway

Comment

Working...
                X