No announcement yet.

Shaving irritation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found that if I shave after a hot shower and rinse with cold water and never go against the grain (How the hair grows). The only thing is that by going with the grain, you have to shave more frequently. I have dollar shave club and their shave butter is the best I have found for me. Also, I have their four blade razors and I can shave about three times with them before I need to replace them. Ive tried electric razors and it absolutely destroyed my skin. Maybe I didn't try for long enough. Some have said it takes getting used to.
    Last edited by JGadbury; 02-23-2021, 10:42 AM. Reason: Adding to it

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      Laser hair removal, just get rid of the hair.

I had problems with ingrown hairs and shaving irritation like you and it was no fun, my wife bought it for me as a gift. I’m sure they just finished lasering some chic’s bikini area before they did me...it’s been a game changer. No more ingrown hairs and shaving is much easier. Do it while you’re young because it doesn’t work on gray hair...

And trust me, it hurts like a mofo and it takes several iterations.
      I did laser hair removal because of ingrown hairs. You are right, it hurts. Felt like a hot rubber band snapping my throat/neck over and over. I went through the recommended number of treatments. I still have to shave everyday. That laser didn't do crap for me. Total waste of money.

Comment

I've been using this trimmer for years, will shave skin close or with guards. I used to use brush and bowl type shaving soaps with a safety razor but this was so much easier and faster. Blades last about 3-4 months. I only trim a little now as the beards been growing since Dove season.

OneBlade has a revolutionary new technology designed for facial styling & body grooming. Its dual protection system makes shaving easier on your skin.

Comment

off topic, some what....................
          I put my razor in a cup with baby oil, after I use it................
          My blades seem to last sooooo much longer, and seem to stay sharp longer.....
          Anybody else do this ?????
          sorry op, didn't mean to steal......
          But, it's a tip I thought, you might consider.........

Comment

Agreed. Hot Shower with ONLY soap. I haven't bought shaving cream in over 20 yrs. No Issues

Comment

I absolutely HATE electric razors. I got way more irritation from using them.

I started shaving in the shower 25+ years ago. Get you a “fog free” [emoji849] shower mirror, a good set of blades (I use Harry’s) and a good shaving CREAM (not foam in a can) I use either Cremo or Harry’s shaving cream.

Flood your face/neck with the hottest water you can stand for a couple minutes, then put the cream on lightly and shave immediately. If you can warm the shaving cream a little before applying it helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Give them brows some attention also

Comment

My wife uses wax on her chin but right when she gets out of the shoot course

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X