Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Mike D;15481359]
    Originally posted by Texas452 View Post

It’s almost impossible to find 24” cuts of wood. I have a guy that will do it if I ask but 18” is the standard length it seems.

Both of my wood burners need at least a 24” log and the outdoor one 30” would be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Years ago the people I cut for would let me know the length they wanted and how big of pieces they wanted their wood to be. Some wanted 12” lengths and no bigger than 3” diameter.
    What people don’t realize it takes more work and a lot more time so you have to charge what the face is 4x8 or not do it because it’s not worth fooling with.
    Over the years I have supplied disabled people with wood for free. I would deliver it to them.
    I wish I was still able to do that but I can barely get enough cut for my family
    Ain’t good getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Gutpileaddict View Post
      Never said I didn't know anything about firewood. It just seems funny that up until this weather event you could find it for sale by the cord of fraction there of. But now all of a sudden everyone wants to sell it buy the stick or bundle. I'm as Redneck as they come. I just don't like people taking advantage of the situation.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
      Its a free market, supply and demand. If the lazy snowflakes are too dependent on the grid then they shall pay dearly for the commodity they now seek or they can go cut their own.

Comment

Wood and Ammo

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
        Its a free market, supply and demand. If the lazy snowflakes are too dependent on the grid then they shall pay dearly for the commodity they now seek or they can go cut their own.
        Bad as it is right now I would trade 2 cords of Oak for 1 box of 270 WSM Core Lokts but I'm starting to think 270 WSM core lokts don't even exist any more and probably a bunch of other Ammo. Lol. Looking at this post does remind though while visiting my mother over 20 years ago in Tucson Az. in the winter the price of fire wood they would pay was just plum crazy because there is no wood or trees there per say made me want to come back home and start and express business just hauling wood over there. Lol. Stay warm guys sounds like its gonna get worst before its gets better over there. Prayers sent

Comment

It’s their wood so it’s not my business how they sell it, it’s my business to decide if I want to pay for it

Comment

My grandad used to heat his small house with wood, and he liked it put up to dry by June or so. So my dad, uncle, cousin, and I would go up there every year and cut and split 2 cords for him. I was to small to do anything but help stack, but I remember it well. Now that my dad and the folks I hunt with are getting older, myself, and a couple other guys are responsible for ALL of the firewood at deer camp.

Moral of the story is...if you think firewood is to expensive, go cut and split a cord and get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
              Bad as it is right now I would trade 2 cords of Oak for 1 box of 270 WSM Core Lokts but I'm starting to think 270 WSM core lokts don't even exist any more and probably a bunch of other Ammo. Lol. Looking at this post does remind though while visiting my mother over 20 years ago in Tucson Az. in the winter the price of fire wood they would pay was just plum crazy because there is no wood or trees there per say made me want to come back home and start and express business just hauling wood over there. Lol. Stay warm guys sounds like its gonna get worst before its gets better over there. Prayers sent

Will you deliver?[emoji2]

Comment

Ammo

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                Will you deliver?[emoji2]
                For 2 boxes and a Good bottle of Bourbon maybe. Oh and I will bring some Pine knots for fire starter. Dang sure not using cotton balls and Vaseline.I am not Hoarder. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Moral of the story is...if you think firewood is to expensive, go cut and split a cord and get back to me.
                  Salient point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The only people I know making money on firewood, are tree trimmers, and guys who build fence. Both have the wood to get rid of, and already made their money otherwise.
                    I have friend that is an arborist. He makes good money selling wood. Mostly because he gets paid to trim the tree, then makes money selling the trimmed tree back to the customer as firewood!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                      It is similar here in lubbock, no trees and high prices. I paid $210 for a 1/2 cord, delivered. I have 320 ac of oak/mesquite, and after this winter with an ice storm and 2 snowstorms I’ve got enough downed trees and limbs to cut up for years. But that ain’t how I want to spend my weekend there! Then another weekend splitting it!

Comment

I have to run ads around here to give red oak, white oak, pecan and hickory away when I clear lots.

This guy is an owner operator and had his own flatbed. I loaded him with my Kubota CTL.

A lot of times it goes to the landfill(can't burn in Athens). Cost me $325 per can.

Most if that stuff is limbs. Another guy got the saw logs(I didn't have time to put them on my mill).

We hauled about 10 end dump trucks to the landfill. The trees were so big we had to get a big excavator out there. Some of the pines were nearly 3' across.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So people who planned poorly should be saved by someone who had the foresight to invest time and money into properly executing a plan? So if it was an unusually warm winter are you going to pay each one of the wood choppers for their unused stash of wood? I think we all know the answer to that. ****ing liberals always playing the victim. Poor pitiful me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They sell it by the piece and by the bundle around here daily. More power to em if folks are willing to buy that way. I see it kind of like stopping into a convenience store and buying one Coke vs going to Costco and buying cases.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              A “new” member posts a thread on firewood pricing which he (or she) obviously “claims to” know nothing about, during the middle of an energy, and most importantly, a heating crisis, but is griping about the price and quantity provided...

I’ll call bull****. This is texansfan, or Vermin, or several other grossly liberal and non-contributing member of TBH that is making yet another false profile to keep posting their liberal bull**** on this site. They want more usernames so they can keep posting their liberal talking points here

He’s a spike from 2015 and is all the sudden active on the green screen. Things that make you say Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cut between 2 and 3 cords last spring. Rented a splitter and knocked out half of it. I honestly can't understand how someone can even justify the per hour $ "profit"
                                for selling wood. Just. Don't. Make. Sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X