Spring, TX...places to stay/eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring, TX...places to stay/eat

I’m heading to Spring in a couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend a good hotel and some great places to eat. I’m looking for local flavor, no chains.

For sightseeing and possibilities, check out old town spring.

Comment

Woodsons. Technically a chain, but local to the Conroe area. Pretty good burgers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s our favorite place for casual weekend eats. Very generous margaritas.

Comment

I would stay in the woodlands.

Comment

Corkscrew bbq, spindletap brewery

Comment

[QUOTE=sideways;15459662]I would stay in the woodlands.

I wouldn't get south of Huntsville!

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                I would stay in the woodlands.

Somebody recommended an Element hotel nearby. Do you know anything about them?

Comment

There are some great restaurants in Vintage Park off 249 if you’re close to that area

Comment

Stay in the Woodlands, and make the 10 minute drive south to get to Spring. Try the Market Square area, everything you need in one location. Plenty of Hotels in the area as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much the same as what they said above. Spring covers a broad area though. If you’ll be by I-45, I suggest staying in the Woodlands as well. Another option would be the new Marriott in Springwoods although its still new so aside from nice park area there isn’t a lot of business in the area yet to support the Exxon headquarters and soon to be HP headquarters in Springwoods. Woodlands has everything though. For Spring proper, I suggest Corkscrew BBQ as well and also maybe check out Wunsche Bros. Saloon that just reopened after years of being closed from a fire and now with new ownership.

If you’re staying near the hwy 249 portion of Spring, Vintage Park will be the main area. Check out the restaurants there and maybe Hopdoddy for a burger if keeping it simple. Otherwise, head up the road to Tomball and try Tejas BBQ, Tejas Burgers, Everybellies, and maybe Mels Diner.

I don’t know of many/any boutique hotels that aren’t chains in this area. At least none come to mind of hand.
                      Last edited by bdubb; 02-09-2021, 01:59 AM.

Comment

We have a few Marriotts in our district right on the NW side of 99 and 45.

Comment

Look up "Wunsche Brothers Cafe". It had burned several years ago but recently reopened.
                          All kinds of history there. It is in "Old Town Spring", just east of I45 @ Spring Cypress. Plenty of small shops to go through.
                          I live in Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                            Look up "Wunsche Brothers Cafe". It had burned several years ago but recently reopened.
                            All kinds of history there. It is in "Old Town Spring", just east of I45 @ Spring Cypress. Plenty of small shops to go through.
                            I live in Spring.
                            What he said.

Comment

As other have mentioned, Old Town Spring has a few options:
                              - Corkscrew BBQ: They usually sell out fairly early, so may not be best to chose this as an afternoon/dinner option.
                              - Prohibition Texas: Good food and great drinks. They’re known for their mixologists and prohibition era drinks. The jalapeño pineapple coleslaw is out of this world good.
                              Elm and Magnolia: Relaxing place to sit down and eat while in Old Town Spring.
                              In addition to the food, this is just a pretty neat place to hang around, walk the streets, and visit the various shops.

Woodlands Waterway: If you want to be in the middle of everything this would be a good place to stay or at least near here. Lots of good restaurants to chose from, depending on what you’re in the mood for.

I have a few local places I like up near Conroe, which is only about 15 min up 45 from Spring. Red Brick Tavern is a small, hole in the wall place in downtown Conroe. The building was built in the early 1900s, so has a pretty cool feel. Food is amazing and atmosphere is great. Another good choice is Pacific Yardhouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X