Buccees feeders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Good deal. With the low height and flimsy cross bars I wonder how the asf would hold up to hogs. I have seen some gigantur hogs up around crowell if that's where you are putting it
    Yes in Crowell. There are some big ones out there, think it's because there just aren't a lot of hunters, idk. I'm going to look at a ASF at the feed store, it's the better one w varmint cage. Heavier duty, but quiet a bit more money, believe it's around $600, ouch!

Comment

Looked at the boss buck feeder today...All looked pretty good...could see where it may need some reinforcement on the varmint cage. The top and bottom middle of each section needs something. There was some play and I could see a squirrel or coon wedging itself in there. The deal breaker for me is it looked like a 6 volt motor shaft...but the box said 12 volt timer/motor...Not sure a 12 volt motor would fit in that small box...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B3A07A2-F6CB-49DD-9478-626597C498A2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	24628003

Name:	D0DA203D-FFCB-4ACF-93CD-346E2147F220.jpeg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24628004

Name:	17B9C817-1F4A-4EFF-BC1B-924C8B9DF180.jpeg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	24628005

Name:	841D24E1-2665-4B8E-A099-4A27F9360E6B.jpeg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24628006
        I took some pics for y’all. The motor box looks tiny and it overall felt cheap. I passed on buying on.

Of course the pics are sideways!

Comment

That looks like the same exact feeder Academy sells under the Game Winner brand. Decent for the money, but don’t try to assemble with young ears around and without a 12 pack.

I think the $399 ASF at Buc-ees is the best value out there for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
            Looked at the boss buck feeder today...All looked pretty good...could see where it may need some reinforcement on the varmint cage. The top and bottom middle of each section needs something. There was some play and I could see a squirrel or coon wedging itself in there. The deal breaker for me is it looked like a 6 volt motor shaft...but the box said 12 volt timer/motor...Not sure a 12 volt motor would fit in that small box...
            Thanks for the info. I don't mind modifying one if need be. Seems that's the case on the ASF as well. I'm hoping it's a 12v setup. Plan to check back at the store to see if they got more in and hopefully set up on display.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              [ATTACH]1014973[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1014974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1014975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1014976[/ATTACH]
              I took some pics for y’all. The motor box looks tiny and it overall felt cheap. I passed on buying on.

Of course the pics are sideways!
              Thanks. That helps a lot. I felt the same way about the ASF feeder. Without a true comparison between the two it's hard for me to say if one is better than the other. They both have their pros and cons I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                Thanks. That helps a lot. I felt the same way about the ASF feeder. Without a true comparison between the two it's hard for me to say if one is better than the other. They both have their pros and cons I guess.
                I’d say the ASF would be worth the extra $78 (this one doesn’t have a solar panel, which you’ll need, so add $22). This one will have corn piled under the feeder due to the cage whereas the ASF will fling it out and about. Keeps game around longer and coons at bay better.

Comment

The difference between the one from Academy and this Boss Buck one from Buccees is that the one from Academy is a 6volt motor battery and the Boss Buck one is a 12volt motor battery....Boss Buck wins!!!! 299.00 at Buccees is a steal!!!

Comment

I bought the Boss Buck. It took most of a day and a 6 pack to assemble. It was missing a couple of tiny washers. The timer actually works with both 6v and 12v batteries. After assembly I spray pained all joints and fasteners. Basically anywhere I felt like rust might try to gain a toehold. At the time I bought I wanted a feeder that I could fill while keeping my feet on the ground. I am impressed with getting a 600# feeder for $299. At the time I purchased (August 21) the model wasn’t on the boss buck website. I have been trying to figure out how to attach a solar panel. The box says solar panel compatible but there is no obvious place to attach one.

Comment

Anyone know if Madisonville has the ASF? I was planning on getting a Might Buck tomorrow but now I’m thinking I want to save $400. I’ll be going through Madisonville Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t know if anyone else is having this issue w the $399 Feeders but coons are able to reach in there and spin the spinner. Emptied out 200 pounds in a little over a week. I had some old shark teeth laying around and I screwed them just above the plate so the narrow opening along w the teeth should keep them from getting their greedy little paws in there.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by TexasTK; 09-26-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                          Don’t know if anyone else is having this issue w the $399 Feeders but coons are able to reach in there and spin the spinner. Emptied out 200 pounds in a little over a week. I had some old shark teeth laying around and I screwed them just above the plate so the narrow opening along w the teeth should keep them from getting their greedy little paws in there.
                          How is this working out? I gotta do something. Dang coons are spinning the corn out as fast as I can put it in

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                            How is this working out? I gotta do something. Dang coons are spinning the corn out as fast as I can put it in

Post 523 in the link below. I did this on the advice of other TBHers before I ever set it out. I get pics of coons reaching in between the plates but only for a short time. They scrape the few pieces left on the "plates" after the spin but with the bottom plate lengthening mods they can't get to the spinner. I watch it every night with my Covert camera and the corn levels are dropping at a constant rate associated with a normal spin.....not like that of a group of 3-5(or more) coons spinning it all night.

This just shows two sides but I did all 4.

Name:	IMG_9685 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	24641906
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-29-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I have 2 of the $399 ASF models. No hiccups thus far after a couple thousand pounds thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Post 523 in the link below. I did this on the advice of other TBHers before I ever set it out. I get pics of coons reaching in between the plates but only for a short time. They scrape the few pieces left on the "plates" after the spin but with the bottom plate lengthening mods they can't get to the spinner. I watch it every night with my Covert camera and the corn levels are dropping at a constant rate associated with a normal spin.....not like that of a group of 3-5(or more) coons spinning it all night.

This just shows two sides but I did all 4.

Extending the bottom plate to the edge of the feeder bin completely solved my problem too. At first I had one with the mod and one without... the consumption of corn was literally twice as much on the unmodified feeder compared to the modified feeder. I now have all of mine extended. The other thing I do is place my feeder orientation and Covert camera in such a way that I can see the little corn "bullseye" on the feeder in the pics. It gives me an idea as to how much corn I need to fill 'em back up when headed to the ranch...

Comment

Working...
                                X