No announcement yet.

Simple Backstrap Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I typically cut backstraps into halves or thirds and grill those pieces whole. Then cut against the grain into however many servings you want.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Tacos. Cube it up, pan fry, and serve in a tortilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I’m going to actually try this bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
        I think I’m going to actually try this bud

I like it better than ground meat and its hard to go wrong with tacos that have fresh tortillas and all the fixings!

Comment

Dont forget beef stew as well. Made some today and turned out great. That might be a bit of a ‘nice’ cut for stew, but it sure works well!

Comment

Venison backstrap and tenderloins are about the easiest things in the world to cook.

Light coating of olive oil and dust with your favorite steak seasoning. From there you can go a couple different ways for about the same outcome.

I like a reverse sear best.

Oven/pellet grill at 225ish until internal temp is about 100*. Pull out and finish in a almost smoking hot cast iron with a light coat of oil in it. Temp should be about 120 when you pull it out of there.

Or just skip the reverse seat and cook in a hot cast iron or on a grill until internal temp is about 120.

No bacon, itialian dressing, brine, or cream cheese needed. Finished product should look about like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              I think they are best around 3/4 or a 1 inch thick, you can get a good crust and not overcook them. If they have just a little purple-ish look in the middle that's the best to me.
              This. Lately ive been likin em cut 2+ inches thick and rare like you describe. If it cooks too much it starts to taste too much like deer lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
                This. Lately ive been likin em cut 2+ inches thick and rare like you describe. If it cooks too much it starts to taste too much like deer lol
                I usually cut the backstrap into thirds and chicken fry whole. Leaves a nice purple circle right through the middle, it's the absolute best way to eat them. Gets messy with all the eggs and flour and grease splattering everywhere though.

Comment

Just like tenderloin, hot cast iron skillet, butter and garlic.
                  Rare-medium rare.

Comment

I had venison wellington at a friends place. I don't have a recipe for you, but ill bet you can find a good one online. It was great.

Comment

This is delicious and pretty simple https://honest-food.net/venison-steak-diane/

Comment

Salt pepper oil just like a ribeye

Comment

Cut back strap into steaks. Salt/pepper. Heat some avacado oil to hot(almost smoking). Have oven set to 500 deg. Sear steaks about a minute or so on each side then put cast iron in oven for 6 or so minutes. Take out and let rest.

Comment

That looks real tasty!

Comment

Marinate in soy sauce for about 45 minutes, season with coarse ground black pepper, grill to zabout 125 and let rest.

Comment

Some great new ideas here, thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X