Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took 20 years but it finally happened!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took 20 years but it finally happened!!!

I’m a little long winded and this is multiple stories so I’ll attempt to be brief.

My wife has always been supportive of hunting but never had the desire to hunt herself. She has been in the blind many times and watched our kids kill many deer. We actually call her our good luck charm because often when she is with us one of the kids will kill something.

So to my surprise this weekend she told me she wanted to shoot a doe. Well you didn’t have to twist my arm to make that happen!!!

We happen to have a couple of friends come visit and all 4 of us squeezed in a box blind. The blind I chose has 2 feeders and we were hoping the doe would be at the closer of the two but that didn’t happen.

The doe started coming out early because it was cold and drizzle so we took our time and made sure we found a big doe because her one thing was she didn’t want to accidentally shoot a yearling.

The shot was around 230 yards and my gun is sighted in dead on at 200 so I knew that wouldn’t be an issue. She took her time aiming and fired one shot. In the iPhone video I could not tell where she hit her but I could tell she was hit.

When we made our way down to track her my wife obviously had been paying attention the times she had been with me tracking the kids deer because she took off tracking that deer like a pro.

Luckily she didn’t have to go far because she actually shot that doe in the heart!

To say I’m proud is an understatement!

2nd story will be on next post. Stay tuned I’ll hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!!

Congrats to your wife.

Comment

Some of you may have seen my earlier thread about us having an exchange student living with us. When we agreed to host a student I never thought they would want to hunt. I guess we were lucky because when the topic came up she jumped on the chance.

She is not allowed to use a gun so we got to practice shooting a crossbow. About a month ago she killed a hog but she wanted a deer.

Long story short after several sits and getting busted by wind or other things she finally got it done yesterday!

Part 3 coming next

Comment

Good stuff! blood on the uggs or whatever they are called lol.

Comment

Part 3 explain the broadhead to the head? lol

Congrats to your wife and exchange student!

Comment

This year on my lease it has been tough to find a mature deer which is normally not the case. We don’t always have giant bucks but we normally can find a 5 year old buck to shoot.

We had 3 shooters on camera early and 2 of the 3 disappeared before we could kill them. I’ve seen one about a week ago but he is not coming to any feeder and with us bow hunting that is tough. I know the other is still around but I think he has been locked down.

We have hunted a bunch this year and time was running out on us so I had tried to talk my daughter to switching to the rifle. She has not shot a buck with a rifle in 5 years and she is only 13. She said no way and that she would eat her tag if she couldn’t do it with a bow!!

Well Friday morning was probably my best day in a stand in my life. The woods came alive just as the sun came up. We saw bucks chasing doe, make rubs and scrapes, almost fight, grunting every step. Saw a big 7 point that has been a ghost to us and saw at least 20 deer in a short period of time.

I saw this buck coming in and knew he was a 4 year old but asked her if she liked him. She say yes and ended up shooting her 4th buck with her bow! He only ran about 75 yards and was a pretty easy track.

Needless to say we had a pretty incredible weekend!!!

Found these sheds when tracking her buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Part 3 explain the broadhead to the head? lol

Congrats to your wife and exchange student!

I knew someone would catch that. Well long story short she shot at this doe from an elevated position and quartering too. Yes I know that is a no no. I was not in the blind with her. Someone else was. The doe either heard the crossbow and raised her head or just raised her head at the wrong time. She caught the bolt right between the eyes.

Not how it was planned but it was effective

Comment

Awesome!!! Greatness. Well done and congratulations to all!

Comment

Nice job by all hunters.

Comment

Dang son, your women are putting them down! Congrats

Comment

Absolutely great work to the ladies!! Thank you for sharing, brings a really needed bright spot to this 2020 year!

Comment

Great times & Memories! Congrats to Everyone on their kills!

Comment

Great job and Congratulations to the ladies!!

Comment

Good times, congrats all around!

Comment

Working...
                              X