Rat Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Look up the 5 gallon bucket rat trap on youtube.
    I tried that once, it works.

Comment

Originally posted by h20thief View Post
      I've had a problem with rats/mice in my trailer for years. Started putting the poison under the trailer regularly and that seems to keep them at bay. None inside and no dead smell to worry about. Some people put poison in the trailer but why invite them inside if they can get it before that ? I did notice a feral cat ran from our shed as I entered and maybe he is the cure. Good luck. I'm putting my thermal on top an HK AR style 22 for hours of endless ratting when I'm bored.
      That sounds like fun. Need to try that.

Comment

We have about15 cats at our camp. Have a deer feeder dropping cat food. We have witnessed them catch mice and fend off snakes. Nobody in camp has mice in their trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2hunt View Post
          We have about15 cats at our camp. Have a deer feeder dropping cat food. We have witnessed them catch mice and fend off snakes. Nobody in camp has mice in their trailer.
          Never thought about deer feeder for cat food, man I'm getting some good info.

Comment

Rat Patrol......when i saw that I remembered the old TV program called Rat Patrol! It was a old show when i was a kid but it was action packed! Carry On!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
              Built the 5 gal bucket and haven’t caught one yet. They eat dribbled bait on their way up the ladder and all the bait on the spin tube. If they fall in, they must be big enough to crawl or jump out. They have decided to home up in our office. I caught a few in large traps, but some escaped, leaving a blood trail. Even tried large glue traps. They walked right out of them. Left prints in the glue the size of Bigfoot. We have seen a few on the security camera. Big enough that I don’t want an encounter in a dark hallway. Think the next plan is a spotlight and pellet gun. Not wanting to try poison because not wanting dead odor in the walls. Good luck with yours.
              Dang you might have some radioactive ninja rats down there! Bucket trap and a feral tom cat have done wonders for us. He's mean as a snake and I like it!

Comment

Not a cat fan anywhere they can get to the local wildlife, I used to have quail that would come into the yard to get a helping from the feeder, haven't seen one in years, not long after the neighbors turned into pseudo crazy cat folks. Now the dove and tweety birds are even as nervous as day lease deer.

Comment

Was hoping it was the two legged type! I hate them....

Comment

Lol Land Rover! I clicked on this link thinking someone was building a Jeep!

Comment

My experience is you need a little food and plenty of water to keep them coming around but not enough food to keep them fed or they won’t eat the mice.

Otherwise they work great.

Comment

Working...
                      X