Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you being priced out of being on a deer lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you being priced out of being on a deer lease?

I am letting my go after this year. Just cant afford it anymore. After hunting for more than 24 years I am out of the hunting game. Archery and Gun hunting was great I have many memories and pictures to reminisce with. But I will still frequent sites and view from the couch on Saturday mornings hunting shows. Good luck all enjoy the hunt and post pictures for those of us who cant hunt anymore.

I’m interested in the opening! Lol

Comment

I've been priced out for a couple years now. Hunted from 8 years old to 40 years old but can't afford it anymore. It's sad as it was my favorite hobby. It was also my best way to just release & relax. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
        I’m interested in the opening! Lol
        Boom

Comment

Public land...done.

Comment

One can drive to several million acres of public land within 10 hours of any major metro area in Texas.

Pick Mule Deer, Whitetails, or Elk you can get into them with guaranteed tags within one calendar day of driving.

No excuse not to get out and get into it if you are willing and able.

Comment

I haven’t been priced out but after moving 5 hours away from our family lease I have seriously considered getting my own closer to home or trying the public land thing and doing a western hunt once a year. The passion seems to be seriously affected by the distance. When I lived an hour away I hunted every chance I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you getting out of hunting just because you do not have a lease? Like others have said....public hinting is available. Heck, you could go on a couple of day hunts and those would not cost near what a yearly lease would cost. Good luck to ya.

Comment

I have 50 a paycheck go into an account for my lease.
                  I have been on the same place since 1989 and if I ever loose it I'll save that money and hunt.public land in Texas, out west and Oklahoma. Lease prices are high and going up but my problem with most leases I read about are the ridiculous rules in place.

Comment

gave up deer hunting years ago, now i just fish and shoot birds, duck and geese hunting so much cheaper

Comment

"Public land...done. "

^^^^^^^ what does this mean??

Comment

not to hijack your thread, but how would one hunt public land if they lived in deep south texas, say Premont?.. it's pretty far from the state forest/national forest.

we've been putting in for draw hunts for 14 years. got drawn the 1st year, and the 10th year...

with all the people moving here, I doubt public land that is not draw operated will be worth a hill of beans in the near future..

Comment

See if you can just camp there. Maybe you could trade off being the camp cook for a deer or 2. Hell the camp is most of the fun.

Comment

No

Comment

I understand giving up but not just because of the price. I bet the price hasn't gone up much more than everything else overall.

There are plenty of cheap hunts to go on that I see here on TBH. Deer, javi, hog, predator etc. Just have to keep your eyes open for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X