Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Bankruptcy is 100% legal.

You hate the man, because he followed corporate laws?

I would have just stuck with the hair comment
    There are other things that may be 100% legal that I dont agree with.

I have personal experience with a few car notes to lead me to my conclusion. When you have thousands of dollars invested, and getting a return of $87/ month, it tends to wear on you.

Especially when you have already repossessed the car for non payment. Had to return it because he filed within the 10 day grace period.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      The hair was a joke - The bankruptcies are terrible for what they do to people who are owed money. I think it's terrible business. Which leads into the overall treatment of people.
      Then change the bankruptcy laws. So if you owned a business or 2 or 3 and declaring bk on one of them was the best option are you saying you would not do it?

And if you had shareholders you would be screwing them. So is it bad to screw shareholders or just the people that you owe money to? Need to get this figured out ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Then change the bankruptcy laws. So if you owned a business or 2 or 3 and declaring bk on one of them was the best option are you saying you would not do it?

And if you had shareholders you would be screwing them. So is it bad to screw shareholders or just the people that you owe money to? Need to get this figured out ASAP!
        I would never file bankruptcy. Having upset shareholders, and paying pennies on the dollar to people you owe doesn't equate to the same thing in my mind.

If you owe something, you should make a way to honor your agreement. Help is understandable, and communication is key.

Comment

I would never file bankruptcy. Having upset shareholders, and paying pennies on the dollar to people you owe doesn't equate to the same thing in my mind.

If you owe something, you should make a way to honor your agreement. Help is understandable, and communication is key.

Have you ever been faced with losing all your assets because Things went bad?
          I have and I can tell you that you would have a different opinion knowing you have a family that could potentially not have a place to live or a car to get around in and no money left in the bank. It’s a scary situation and that’s why he bankruptcy laws exist.
          I appreciate your attitude towards paying people back and I think most everyone on this site feels the same way but short of going out and buying a bunch of toys and getting into debt up to your eyeballs the business bankruptcy is much different. People that invest all they have into a business take on more risk than most folks could ever imagine and those people are hard to find but they are the ones that drive our economy and we have to have some protections in place in order to give people some level of comfort if they fail, otherwise we would have very limited entrepreneurship.
          Do you think mattress Mack is a bad guy? I’m sure you know who he is right? Read up on his history. This guy has given more back to the houston area than you could imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
            Have you ever been faced with losing all your assets because Things went bad?
            I have and I can tell you that you would have a different opinion knowing you have a family that could potentially not have a place to live or a car to get around in and no money left in the bank. It’s a scary situation and that’s why he bankruptcy laws exist.
            I appreciate your attitude towards paying people back and I think most everyone on this site feels the same way but short of going out and buying a bunch of toys and getting into debt up to your eyeballs the business bankruptcy is much different. People that invest all they have into a business take on more risk than most folks could ever imagine and those people are hard to find but they are the ones that drive our economy and we have to have some protections in place in order to give people some level of comfort if they fail, otherwise we would have very limited entrepreneurship.
            Do you think mattress Mack is a bad guy? I’m sure you know who he is right? Read up on his history. This guy has given more back to the houston area than you could imagine.
            So Trump didnt have a place to stay? I understand Bankruptcy laws all too well, which is why I pointed to not like that about Trump in particular.

I'm sure there are cases where there is benefit, I don't doubt that. Using those laws in a way that Trump did is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerBySchultz View Post
              Trump Plan to Ramp Up Fracking, Mining in National Forests Threatens Climate
              The Trump administration's plan to make it easier for industry to frack and mine in national forests would endanger the climate, wildlife and watersheds, the Center for Biological Diversity and other conservation groups said in comments submitted Monday to the U.S. Forest Service.

"The Forest Service shouldn't be complicit in the Trump administration's assault on America's public lands at the behest of fossil-fuel and mining companies," said Taylor McKinnon, a public-lands campaigner at the Center for Biological Diversity. "More fracking and mining, with fewer safeguards, would be disastrous for national forests and watersheds. Instead of weakening protections, Trump should clean up the mess the mining industry has already left behind in our forests."

Analysis by Kara Clauser, Center for Biological Diversity, based on U.S. Interior Department data.

A Center for Biological Diversity analysis of federal oil and gas volume estimates shows that, outside of wilderness areas and national monuments, national forests contain 1.8 billion barrels of oil and 24 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. That would produce 2.4 billion tons of greenhouse gas pollution if fully developed—the equivalent of annual emissions from 601 coal-fired power plants.

The proposed Forest Service oil and gas rulemaking would align its procedures with controversial new Bureau of Land Management policies that have been temporarily halted by a federal court because they prevent public input. The Center for Biological Diversity and other organizations are calling on the agency to improve transparency and public involvement in decisions about drilling, fracking and mining in national forests. The groups also want the Service to fully account for the toll fossil-fuel extraction and mining would take on public health, public lands, wildlife and the climate.

"Pushing new fossil-fuel development in our national forests ignores the alarm bells that world climate scientists rang loudly last week," said McKinnon. "National forests and public lands are where we should stop fossil-fuel expansion first."

On mining, the Trump administration has sought to use policies like "critical minerals" to justify weakening protections, which would worsen mining pollution.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 40 percent of western watershed headwaters, most of which are in national forests, are already polluted with mining waste. The mining industry leads the nation in toxic releases from mines, which create permanent scars on the landscape.

What states?
              What parks?
              What wilderness areas?
              Are these areas that havent traditionally been open for mineral extraction?
              How many acres?
              What am I reading other than some liberal screeching without any evidence?

Comment

There are other things that may be 100% legal that I dont agree with.
                And let me guess. If it is 100% legal, and you dont like it. Then the activity is clearly abhorrent and the people doing the activity should be publicly shamed until they stop doing the 100% legal activity? That about right?

Comment

So Trump didnt have a place to stay? I understand Bankruptcy laws all too well, which is why I pointed to not like that about Trump in particular.

I'm sure there are cases where there is benefit, I don't doubt that. Using those laws in a way that Trump did is disgusting.
                  And in what way did he use them? In a way the liberal media told you he did?

And you don't know near as much about bankruptcy as you think you do. I have personally filed, in Tulsa Federal Court, against a fabricator who filed bankruptcy. I was left being owed almost $900,000. That's right! Approaching 1 million. Guess what? I don't hate Trump because of it. Your hatred is extremely petty, at best.

Comment

so we should have separate laws for people based on their circumstances??
                    please explain why Trump should not be allowed the same latitude as any other business person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      And in what way did he use them? In a way the liberal media told you he did?

And you don't know near as much about bankruptcy as you think you do. I have personally filed, in Tulsa Federal Court, against a fabricator who filed bankruptcy. I was left being owed almost $900,000. That's right! Approaching 1 million. Guess what? I don't hate Trump because of it. Your hatred is extremely petty, at best.
                      Not at all

My hatred isn't petty to me. It's a very valid and healthy hate. Again, all comes back to the treatment of people. Bankruptcies included.

I'm glad you feel how you do. Good for you. And I never said I know everything. I just have a knowledge concerning the process, and what is left to the people that are owed money after the process.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        so we should have separate laws for people based on their circumstances??
                        please explain why Trump should not be allowed the same latitude as any other business person?
                        Yes, I believe situations should be taken into consideration.

To stop people like Trump from doing what he did.

Comment

Yes, I believe situations should be taken into consideration.

To stop people like Trump from doing what he did.
                          people like Trump? what does that mean? successful people? People that have worked to be able to afford to hire others than understand the system and to be able to use that system to their advantage.

you have a warped sense of how things should work. If JerJames thinks you are cool then the law applies, if not well get a rope we need to hang someone.

Comment

Not at all

My hatred isn't petty to me. It's a very valid and healthy hate. Again, all comes back to the treatment of people. Bankruptcies included.

I'm glad you feel how you do. Good for you. And I never said I know everything. I just have a knowledge concerning the process, and what is left to the people that are owed money after the process.
                            Valid and healthy hate? Really? Is that even possible?

Comment

I have personal experience with a few car notes to lead me to my conclusion. When you have thousands of dollars invested, and getting a return of $87/ month, it tends to wear on you.

Especially when you have already repossessed the car for non payment. Had to return it because he filed within the 10 day grace period.
                              It may not always appear to be the case. But I generally try to see the others sides argument.

Candidly, I dont know what point you are making here. Will you elaborate? You were in the car leasing business, rent to own, sub prime car sales?

Comment

So do you pay your full share of taxes? I sure hope you don't get a CPA to follow the tax laws and disgustingly take advantage of them in order to pay less taxes.

You have never owned a business or are full of crap up to your eyeballs. And BTW - The shareholders would sue you and you would have nothing left. You make a commitment to them over everyone else when they become shareholders.

Comment

Working...
                                X