Doing it right.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing it right.....

Very proud of my 7 yr old daughter. I've had a couple late nights here lately so I haven't been picking them up from school like I normally do so.... Yesterday when I picked her up she says "I have a note from my teacher that you are supposed to sign for me", no biggie, I assumed it was another fundraiser or raffle or something PTO related and I shrug it off. We get to the house, do homework, make some killer chili and cornbread then I scoot out the door for an evening appointment (I completely forgot about the note from the teacher).

I get home just before 9 and everyone is in bed. Sneak down the hallway into the bedroom and notice an envelope on my pillow (dang... teacher note that I forgot about).... I grab the envelope and head into the bathroom to read it. In the envelope has $10 cash and a note from her teacher and principal. Apparently she found 2-$5 bills on the playground a month or so ago. She took the money to the nearest teacher and then to the principal to report it. The principal took possession of the money and my daughter went on about her day. I walk into my daughters room and tell her how proud we are of her actions. I asked her one simple question. "Why did you take the money to the teacher when you found it" her response floored me. She said " it wasn't mine to keep, somebody probably needed it".....

I guess we are doing it right?!?!

Great proud dad moment. Sounds like you are raising a great kid, keep it up!

Comment

Proud Mommy Daddy moment for sure! I agree, you are doing something right..

Comment

I found a fiver walking my dog yesterday. Bought my breakfast this morning. She's a better person than I am evidently Lol

Good for you guys. Sounds like a sweetheart

Just for the record, it was a wooded area with nobody around for miles.

Comment

Great job by you guys, and her!!

Comment

Outstanding job Dad!

Comment

RG ---

That is one good little girl there.... You and Becca are doing a great job !!! Well done sir !!! Well done indeed....

PROST !!!!

LROSE

Comment

Impeccable character shown from the young lady my friend by doing what we teach her was the right thing to do.
                Are we doing it right by teaching our kids that philosophy these days? IMO and after my studies for the last 3 years. I say No, knowing that I was raised to think and act that same exact way for 35 years, I now say I prefer a different approach/teaching to this scenario.

I taught my kids the same exact thing for the 1st 2/3rds of their life. Spent the last 2 years trying to re-teach them what I think is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good work dad

Comment

You know, the old "akern's don't fall far from the tree" kind'a comes to mind! Indeed you and your bride should be very proud of her! Thank you for raising up another generation!

Comment

Working...
                    X